Iris Keypad v2 motion and tamper bug

My keypad motion/tamper sensor will not clear out. Handler bug ? @mike.maxwell

Dont know, ive never seen it, pull the clip then do a battery pull...

So I removed the battery and reinstalled it and still the same issue

I asked about this recently and @mike.maxwell stated to remove the device and factory reset then repair.

Iris Keypad

A simple device reset did not work.

damn I really did not want to do that

I kind of think something could be done with the driver to clear it. I also think @mike.maxwell is not too fond of working on these anymore because all the different firmware versions did not place nice with a single driver.

Like the arm/disarm beeping that no longer works.....

1 Like

Maybe a temp switch to a custom driver might allow us to reset the state?

Maybe.. I'll test that tonight with maker

Not doable. Maker API can only send commands and the tamper/motion are attributes.

Guess I'll have to reset the keypad. @cwwilson08 did that fix the beeping when you did it ?

Sorry. I haven't gone down the beep rabbit hole with this thing.

So you didn't reset the keypad yet ?

@mike.maxwell so I reset the keypad and the tamper works correctly now but the motion seems to be wonky. It tends to activate even when no one is around. It doesn't seem to reset either and there is a schedule job that's suppose to turn it off but no time or date is shown.

Oh and the count down beep doesn't work still.

@mike.maxwell are you using something like this in the handler to turn off motion ?

def motionON() {
    log.debug "--- Motion Detected"
    sendEvent(name: "motion", value: "active", displayed:true, isStateChange: true)

//-- Calculate Inactive timeout value
	def motionTimeRun = (settings.motionTime?:0).toInteger()

//-- If Inactive timeout was configured
	if (motionTimeRun > 0) {
		log.debug "--- Will become inactive in $motionTimeRun seconds"
		runIn(motionTimeRun, "motionOFF")
	}
}

def motionOFF() {
	log.debug "--- Motion Inactive (OFF)"
    sendEvent(name: "motion", value: "inactive", displayed:true, isStateChange: true)
}

yeah, there is no motion inactive...
I'm about 10 minutes from publishing all the EOL keypad drivers in our repo, then you all can have at it...
Just need to check with the bosses...

1 Like

Ok cause I can fix the motion bug and I might even be able to add the count down beep also !!