Iris Keypad Device Control

Is it possible for Rule Machine to use a code entered into the Iris Keypad as a trigger?

I want to toggle a device after entering the code into the keypad

Do you have the keypad set as a controller for HSM? If so, that is also going to happen. But look at the triggers. They are there.

b1e818b2-ecfd-4f15-a0df-7322f2b4ee0d

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Can I also control modes with the keypad?
So if the code 1234 is entered with ON -> then mode Away will run
If code 1234 is entered with PARTIAL -> then mode Night will run
If 1234 is entered with OFF -> then mode Home is entered

I don't understand what you mean when you say a mode will "run". You can enter a mode but a mode isn't an action, it's a state.

As I asked above, is the keypad set up to control HSM or no?

Yes, I have it setup to control HSM. But I also want the mode to change (not just HSM).

Then why not just have a rule to set the mode when HSM changes?

1 Like

I tried that but it was sometimes bouncing back and forward between different modes.

Do you also have HSM set up to be controlled by mode? If so, you're going to get into a loop. I don't have HSM tied to either mode or mode tied to HSM. I control both independently in rules. So, when executing my "leaving" automation it arms HSM and sets mode to away. Allows for independent control of the two in those "odd" situations. Like i left and forgot something inside. I don't want to change mode back to home but I want to disarm the alarm to run in and grab something. If they are tied together, you can't really do that. They're married.

Yea so Mode -> HSM but not the other way around.

Then you can't have a rule to trigger HSM -> Mode. That there's a loop. :slight_smile:

Question.
I'm trying to figure out how to use an IRIS KeyPad, that when a code is entered, execute a rule that will temporarily power a smart plug.
I'm looking to use the smart plug to power a 24v power supply that will send power to a gate lock.
The gate lock is normally closed so anytime power is supplied to the smart plug, the lock will be open.
It's a strike latch, so the thought is to use have the smart plug powered for short duration...say a minute. When the door swings shut - even after the power is removed - it will still lock.

I used a light ( switch) directly outside of my office so i can play with the settings and visibly see when power is applied from the rule. I can get the code entered on the iris key pad to power on the switch. Any thoughts on how i can set that for a certain duration?

Setup.
Smart plug
24v power wall wort
electric gate latch
IRIS KeyPad

seems relatively simple. I'm also thinking i could put a push button on the inside of the gate somewhere vs a 2nd keypad.

And if i was real keen...i would like to figure how to set the power on for a longer period with a different code perhaps. When the lawn company comes - maybe that delay is an hour - so they can come and go - unhindered.

Seems plausible!...and reasonably priced for an experiment

Cheers
Mac

thanks
Mac

Ok. Stuff the iris keypad. Any chance this is compatible.....as a means to trigger a rule?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.