Iris 3210-l integration issue

It depends on the firmware. I never successfully got mine to do anything zwave. I've just dusted off my smartthings hub. Maybe i'll see if they can update while it's out. Will they update on Smartthings?

I must be really lucky as I have 11 of them. 3 unused sitting in a box and the rest have paired successfully both zwave and zigbee. 1 I bought new from Lowes and never owned Iris so it is on it's original firmware. Not sure on the rest as I purchased them used on ebay.

On the zwave though I have had a hard time pairing in place. I pair them in the room with the HE hub then move to it's final location and run a zwave repair. The zigbee has paired in place just fine.

When trying to pair the zwave portion and pressing the button quickly if the led goes solid blue the button was likely held to long and the process needs to be restarted, in my experience.

1 Like

Think maybe I'll give it another try then. Thanks for the input on that @Brandon. I've been known to do a LOT of things wrong! :wink: And I'm not kidding.

1 Like

Lol, I did it "wrong" as well as I spent probably a half hour (possibly more) trying to pair before pulling it out of the socket and moving it next to my hub. Let me know how it goes.

Thankfully I have learned a ton from this community you included.

2 Likes

I'm gonna do one right now. Stand by.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I do not believe ST will update the firmware on the 3210-L Iris outlets. I tried last week and ST reported that their firmware versions were current, even though I know some of them were not up to date.

Here are the current firmware versions for the Iris v2 devices.

2 Likes

so are there any tricks to this? Cuz I'm getting NOTHING

You have to press the button 8 times very quickly without the relay in the outlet changing state in order to enter z-wave pairing mode. At least this is what works when the 3210-L is running the 0-20085010 firmware. I also found that pairing the z-wave side close to the hub helps, and then I perform a z-wave repair after moving it to its final location.

2 Likes

impossible. how fast are we talking?

I just pulled one out that I got off of ebay. Paired to zigbee first. Then excluded the Z-wave, that took me two tries. (Powered off the outlet and on for each attempt before hitting the button 8 times.) I then went to include and wasn't quick enough to the draw as the outlet relay triggered and the LED lit blue. Hit the button again and then removed power. Connected back to power and hit the button right times repeatedly. This time it paired. These are very tricky, but have been great once paired.

1 Like

Some refer to it as mashing the button repeatedly as quick as you can 8 times.

1 Like

is there an exclude process?

On the outlet it is the same process to exclude for z-wave as include. Of course on the hub you select exclude. It should let you know the zwave device was excluded if that step was sucessful.

1 Like

excluded, but it's not seeing it now, I think i get it into pairing mode as the light doesn't turn on and i've confirmed that I didnt burn it out by mashing on it, It's supposed to see it to include it, right? There's not some phantom thing that's going to happen, right?

You'll see it when the z-wave pairs. Key for me was the 8 presses. Moved near the hub, applied power, about 3 seconds later I mashed the button 8 times. If I was too slow, the relay would switch.

2 Likes

After it excluded successfully are you unplugging it before you go back to the inclusion step of hitting the button repeatedly 8 times? If you are successful it will show paired like any other device.

1 Like

ahhhhhh stand by

Ok THAT was the key. The 3 seconds. VERY important. @sank did you get that?

1 Like

Just did a second one. First try! Nice!

2 Likes

Glad you hung on and got it working. I have never waited. Just quickly hit the button 8x after plugging back in the outlet, however that could be one of the differences in the firmware versions.

1 Like