Iphone app device status not updating

I am new to Hubitat moving from Smart things. The ihone app not showing the correct status of zwave lights. every time i have to force close and re open app to get the status. Smartthings app was much better interface but not local. i spent lot of time reading forums to migrate all the devices but this iphone app really bothers me and thinking going back to Smartthings. The iphone app is so static and looks like someone created as test project.

1 Like

Whatโ€™s your primary goal for using the mobile app?

Check on the status of devices like z-wave lights and manually control them?

Welcome to the Hubitat community.

Do the lights work correctly from the settings page for each device? If you look in the upper corner of each settings page, it will have a "States". Do those states correctly indicate the on/off of every light? If States doesn't work correctly from this page, the phone app and dashboards in general will not work correctly.

What brand/model are the devices that are not working properly? Are they all the same device model?

Last, if Z-wave is involved, you may want to post a screenshot of your Z-wave details page. There may be an underlying Z-wave issue like ghosts or weak signals that are making things not respond properly.

1 Like

Yes. main purpose is to turn on and turn off.

These are the switches i moved so far. i still have another 15 left to move from Smart tings. Also i have Ring system which uses multiple zwave sensors are not part of Hubitat.

here is the example of 2 devices from iphone app and web. Office lights showing Turned on in app but in web they are off ( the web status is correct)

I suspect that the issue is that the level is showing 99%, but the light is actually off. You could try going to the web settings page, and type in 0 (zero) in the box that says set level. Then click the grey button "Set Level". You can leave duration blank. Then go to the phone app and see if the status is correct there.

Once you try that, we can see if there is a solution. What brand and model is this light by the way?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.