iOS Mobile App 2.0 - Stuck "Registering Mobile Device"

EDIT:

• Updated to the latest hub version, killed iOS app, and disabled WiFi (using 5G) and it properly registered. Unsure if this was a bug when using WiFi or something else was getting blocked. I'll test out notifications / GeoFencing over the course of the next few days but the initial issue appears resolved.

ORIGINAL:

Howdy All

Just installed the new 2.0 App on iOS. Unfortunately, I am getting stuck selecting to use my existing 'Mobile Device'. It just hangs at 'Registering Mobile Device'.

If I crash out the app and open back up, I select the hub, and then stuck at this screen again.

I've not attempted to create a new Mobile Device, because I use this in numerous automations / notifications.

Has anyone come across anything like this?

Hub Version: 2.3.9.147 (Will be running upgrade to latest, but doesn't show any 'fixes' relating to this).

Which iOS version and device?

Same here on my wife's iPhone. My Android device is fine.

IPhone 14 plus. Ios 17.5.1. App 1.0.2 build 1

Hub 2.3.9.154

App crashes after it finds my home hub. Doesn't seem like I can click the hub though. It occasionally says the next step (loading mobile devices) but never shows my devices before it crashes.

Have closed the app from the background. Doesn't help. Wifi on or off, still crashes at the hub step most of the time.

iPhone 15 Pro Max | 17.5.1

So far notifications have been working (and I like the new icon - hoping that with the announcement of iOS 18 and being able to theme dark / light mode we get a dark mode icon!) for opening / closing door notifications.

I've not yet used Geo-Fencing but plan to tinker with that a bit more in the upcoming weeks.

@peterbrown77.pb seems to have a different issue than mine where my app wasn't crashing, and I was presented with my existing mobile device to re-register.

Oh yes. Sorry I slipped over that detail.

I can't get past the app crashing.

Thinking I leave this hear rather than a new topic but happy to create a new one @marktheknife

Edit: I'll make a new topic and delete my message above.

1 Like

A new topic is probably the best way to find a resolution to your issue. I agree with @serveradmnstrtr it doesn’t sound like the same thing.

1 Like

This sounds potentially related to a bug that came up during iOS mobile app beta testing? @moncho1138

Edit: sorry just noticed this in the beta category.

@serveradmnstrtr is this the newest beta app from TestFlight or is this happening in the App Store v2.0 app release?

This was the app store release (not TestFlight)

1 Like

Just curious....I have one hub on THE LATEST software and one back at 2.3.8 something. Anybody recall seeing if a particular SW version level is required for the Mobile App to function 100% properly?

:point_up_2:

1 Like

I was able to replicate this issue while setting up the new app using cellular network. Though I've got stuck on "Saving mobile device," closing and reopening the app cleared the message and the app was working as expected. We are investigating why this has happened.