iOS Geolocation is not working after the update 1.0.5

My wifes phone auto updated the Habitat app. It started doing it on hers now. She uninstalled the app. So WAF is in the toilet at this time. I have opened a ticket exactly 7 days ago have not received a response yet. I would encourage everyone that is having the problem open a ticket with support. Maybe if they see it is not a isolated case they will put some resources on it.

Me too.

Iphone 8 with iOS 13.1.3 but started with the beta update a week or so ago. One night i apparently left my house over six times.

I switched back to the officially released app - v.1.0.5. That was a pain because I ended up with two iphone devices in HE. had to remove them both, reinstall & then update my mode manager & my outgoing notifications. It is better and I didn't have any false updates until the evening time yesterday and then two more this morning.

I have a 300m radius setup ... I increased this from 200m last night.

my thought was to revert to using life360, but i see from the thread that that is not a sure fire solution either.

I'm having the same problem with the geolocation on the Apple Home app, so thinking it is a iOS bug. Geolocation has been unreliable for a couple weeks now.

I have had issues with presence in the past but for a few weeks I've been fine. However my wife is now have the issue described here.

iPhone 11 pro - no issue
iPhone 8 - issue

I'm also having issues with both the presence for both my wife's iPhone 8 and my iPhone 11 pro. Both are on the latest version OS.

Not sure it is related but I noticed that the label "Device Type" on the device properties for both phones is in red - should it be? The device type is "mobile app device" which hasn't changed since I set them up.

BTW, I have submitted a support ticket to add to the others in hoping to push the priority up.

I have an open ticket too. Very frustrating.

I'm out. The app is pretty terrible at this point. Dashboard is slow and clunky.

I'm running homebridge with HE and has been solid. Movied the vast majority of my automatons and presence to Homekit. Been working great for the last few days.

I moved all my security and door locks to Ring which has honestly been amazing. Hubitat just running my lights (until i moved to Lutron) and a few water sensors/shutoff.

Just to add to the "it don't work for me neithers", the presence detection in the Hubitat on my 11 Max is completely unreliable.

I did finally get a response to my ticket. They are aware of the problem and are working towards a solution. I can respect the process. It sucks but I have faith.

1 Like

Six days and no false departures/entries while I am home. Go figure.

seems to be getting worse for me.

Update. Three false departures in the last 24 hours.

NEW APP! 1.0.6 Build 67 is available in testflight! I just installed it. I will let you know how it goes.

2 Likes

@coryh
Did you observe an improvement with the new app version?

YES! I have not had the problem since. They just released 1.0.6 Build 69. That also has been solid.

1 Like

Mine and wife's appear to be working much better now! I have shutoff Life 360 for now. Keeping fingers crossed! NOTE/EDIT: I am on the BETA version

Really hoping the app updates will fix the issue. I have not tried the beta though.

Presence has gotten so bad I've had to remove all presence related automations.

Yes me too... I hate it too. The presence ability of the app is crucial to several automations that I have, and it has been broken for some time now. I received a message from support a while back that they were aware of it but I haven't seen a fix yet. I have ALL of my presence rules paused anxiously awaiting a fix.

1 Like

Something changed.

Last night was the first night in several weeks where our mobile presence did not come and go all night. I will pay close attention for the next few days before turning my presence automations back on.

In the mean time. Don't touch anything!
cc: @bobbyD

Alright. it was fake news. presence still doesn't work. I had a good day or two. but still totally unreliable.

Between the presence problems and random app log outs, kinda frustrated.