iOS Geolocation is not working after the update 1.0.5

In the meantime I’ve turned off all WebCoRE pistons which used to alert when my iPhone would enter/exit the area and push a message to all devices.

As far as the system deciding whether I’m home or not, I’m using the Life 360 connector, although that’s far from ideal.

Hopefully there’s a new app soon so I can go back.

This all started with the last update. Before it, I had no issues whatsoever.

Same problem here...

Using homebridge but not for presence

Anyone know if there is a way to see presence status for HomeKit presence? Not talking about HE presence that shows in homebridge

@ogiewon has a virtual presence switch driver that I use. I created the virtual presence switch with the name of Ken's Homekit presence. I then created a rule in Apple Home to turn on the switch when I come home and another rule to turn it off when I leave. It has consistently worked well for me, but prior to the latest release, the HE app worked a little better/quicker.

So I installed Life360 and was using the Virtual location device it created through the connector for presence.

Wrote a simple rule to send a notification upon enter/exit in HE.

Same problem... which leads me to believe it’s something that happens on the GPS side of the iPhone, although I have no explanation as to why it only started after the upgrade to 1.0.5 (61).

Starting to wonder if the IOS 13.1.3 update that just came out will help this situation! Mine and wifes Iphones were doing weird stuff. Time will tell.......

I'm experiencing the same issues and reported them on the other app related thread... I personally think it might be iOS 13... But not sure....

I installed it and it didn’t for me.

Life360 started behaving though. I’m now using that app exclusively to update location and pass it through onto WebCoRE. So far it’s worked for about 5 hrs with no issues...

Nope. I have the update. Still having the same problem. I hope support will get to my ticket and start looking into it.

2 Likes

UPDATE: Never mind - still happening - but less often for some reason.

found something interesting - I removed my Presence device from the Maker API/Homebridge last night and it was stable all night

I added it back in this morning and it started flipping again... issue only appears to be when you are actually home. My wife is at work and hers is stable now but was flipping all night.

I removed my device again about an hour ago - been stable since.

Ours seems to be at night also when home. But it hasn’t done it again (so far) since last IOS bug fix update. Could just be coincidence. Time will tell

I would agree with that. I have also made the geo fence really big. No way my GPS is drifting that far.

Ok. Was wishful thinking. IOS update didn’t help. Still going in and out while at home!

1 Like

My wife is running the latest version of iOS and it's doing the exact same thing you guys are saying here. Took me a bit to try to figure out what was going on with the house. I am on Android and for some reason even though I was in my geofence, Hubitat was showing I was away. So with my wife's phone showing her as coming and going, I was wondering why in the heck my kitchen lights kept turning off while I was cooking dinner. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

My wifes phone auto updated the Habitat app. It started doing it on hers now. She uninstalled the app. So WAF is in the toilet at this time. I have opened a ticket exactly 7 days ago have not received a response yet. I would encourage everyone that is having the problem open a ticket with support. Maybe if they see it is not a isolated case they will put some resources on it.

Me too.

Iphone 8 with iOS 13.1.3 but started with the beta update a week or so ago. One night i apparently left my house over six times.

I switched back to the officially released app - v.1.0.5. That was a pain because I ended up with two iphone devices in HE. had to remove them both, reinstall & then update my mode manager & my outgoing notifications. It is better and I didn't have any false updates until the evening time yesterday and then two more this morning.

I have a 300m radius setup ... I increased this from 200m last night.

my thought was to revert to using life360, but i see from the thread that that is not a sure fire solution either.

I'm having the same problem with the geolocation on the Apple Home app, so thinking it is a iOS bug. Geolocation has been unreliable for a couple weeks now.

I have had issues with presence in the past but for a few weeks I've been fine. However my wife is now have the issue described here.

iPhone 11 pro - no issue
iPhone 8 - issue

I'm also having issues with both the presence for both my wife's iPhone 8 and my iPhone 11 pro. Both are on the latest version OS.

Not sure it is related but I noticed that the label "Device Type" on the device properties for both phones is in red - should it be? The device type is "mobile app device" which hasn't changed since I set them up.

BTW, I have submitted a support ticket to add to the others in hoping to push the priority up.

I have an open ticket too. Very frustrating.

I'm out. The app is pretty terrible at this point. Dashboard is slow and clunky.

I'm running homebridge with HE and has been solid. Movied the vast majority of my automatons and presence to Homekit. Been working great for the last few days.

I moved all my security and door locks to Ring which has honestly been amazing. Hubitat just running my lights (until i moved to Lutron) and a few water sensors/shutoff.