[RESOLVED] iOS App Notifications Sporadically Blank

I have been working through this tonight. I receive the iOS notification from the Hubitat app. Some of them have the text properly, some are blank. No rhyme or reason.

The New iOS app now keeps the last 20 messages or so in the Tools tab of the app. Those messages show up properly.

This happens in RM apps as well as the Notifications built-in app on the hub.

I shut down/killed the iOS app & restarted iPhone. I sent same messages to iPad (different device). Same intermittent result.

Here is a capture of my iPhone screen.

1 Like

I just noticed this starting this afternoon or so (US Central time), also on the latest public iOS release. I assume it is a rare Hubitat cloud issue, this being one of few (optional) things that depends on that. :slight_smile: You're the first person I've seen comment on this...thought it might have just been me!

3 Likes

Now Iā€™m getting most or all blank messages. But they show up in the Hubitat iOS app under Tool...Notifications.

Add me to the list as well. On mine the first one I see was at 1:48 this morning. Then it is sporadic, some show the message some don't

Those of you seeing this is it on ios 13 or are you running the ios 14 beta? Just asking in case it's ios beta related somehow.

I'm on 13.6

Same here as well, on iOS 13.6. Tagging @bobbyD. In the Notifications History section, under the Tools menu, I can see the correct text.

Add me to the list. No changes and running the latest iOS 13.6

I don't have many notifications but my morning Device Watchdog notification was blank at 6:00 this morning. iOS 13.6.1 HE 2.2.3.118.

Uninstall and reinstall of the app does not resolve the problem for me.

I have the same issue PLUS my notifications are going to my iPad and not my iPhone and all notifications are setup to go to the iPhone. It was working.

When you installed the Hubitat Mobile App on your iPad, and then selected your hub, you should have been presented with an option to either select an existing device, or create a new one. Each physical device that you run the Hubitat mobile app on needs its own "Hubitat Hub Device" to allow it to receive notifications correctly, as well as to allow the Geofencing to work for each device.

Please make sure that your iPhone and iPad each have their own device associated with them. In the mobile app's settings menu, click select hub. If you have more than one hub, select the correct one. You should then be presented with a list of devices from the hub which you can choose from for each device, or create a new one for a new phone/tablet device.

I have both showing in my devices.

Try going into the Settings section of the Hubitat mobile app on each device (iPhone and iPad), click Select Hub, and then make sure to select the correct Hubitat Device for each one. This will make sure each physical device is associated with the correct Hubitat device.

Afterwards, try sending notifications directly from each of the Hubitat devices to see if they go to the correct iPhone and iPad.

I only have one hub but let's look. On the iPhone Hubitat app I go to Settings. I don't see a "Select Hub" option. I do have Hub Details which does point to the correct hub. When I opened it on the iPad there is a Settings at the bottom of the page but that is not on the iPhone app (running the Hubitat beta). I did change it to point to the iPhone but notifications are still going to the iPad. It did say when I clicked on "select hub" "Multiple Hubs Found and to select one but it didn't show anything and then the screen updated to "We found existing Mobile App Devices on your Hub please select which one you want to use or create a new device." So I picked the iPhone there.

Not sure why it said I have multiple hubs or why that option seems to be missing from the iPhone app. I can remove the iPad for now and see if that fixes it.

I tried disabling the iPad in devices but they still go to the iPad.

I then removed the iPad in devices and the notifications are still going there. I have no clue how.

The iPhone device shows it is in use by all of my notifications too. This is really not making any sense.

Because of the above! You associated your iPad Mobile App with the Hub's iPhone device.

Okay but that still doesn't make sence. If I tell notifications to send the notifications to the iPhone why would that setting on the iPad make them go there? And now that I removed the iPad the only option on the iPad is the iPhone yet the notifications still go to the iPad. Maybe it's me but I don't get this at all. If I had some notifications I wanted to go to the iPad and some to the iPhone how would I do that?

After logging out of the iPad app now the notifications go no where. If I log back in and add the iPad back and this time in Settings I picked the iPad itself on the iPad and I'm not getting notifications anywhere still. So for me at the moment notifications are totally not working. Sigh....

Tonight after work I'll delete all my notifications and remove the notifications app and reinstall it and see if that will fix it. But I sure don't get why it's doing this. It seems if I have a notification setup to go to a specific device that it should go there period.