Interpreting the Zigbee route table

Can someone break down the fields in the Zigbee routing report (http://x.x.x.x/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo)?

An example of one of mine: [Quiet Room Light, FEB2], LQI:54, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0

LQI= Link Quality Index?
Age?
How are the costs derived?
If there's an outCost (non-zero) does that imply it's a repeater?

I'm a (Cisco) router jockey, so I'm interpreting the inCost of 7 as being an additive cost. I have an entry for that particular light in the routing table, but it's only a single entry and the cost doesn't add up for me. Is there any way to see the entire routing path for a device? Here's the only routing entry I have for this light:

status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Quiet Room Light, FEB2] via [Wifes bed, E4DF]

The "Wifes bed" is a Tradfri bulb so it's repeating. It's on the opposite side of the house from the "Quiet Room Light" though, so I'm wondering if the Tradfri bulb is the first in the route or the last. I suspect I can fix some routes by depowering devices for a period of time, but if the Tradfri bulb has a lower cost it might not fix that.

Take a look at this post.

I found this very interesting:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.