Intergrate Aqara M2 Hub and P1 Sensor with Hubitat

Hi.

I am new to Hubitat looking for some advice. I have only had a limited time using it so far.

I have successfully added my Philips Hue lights and manually added TP-Link Kasa Plug smart plugs to my dashboard so far, so good!

I am hoping to integrate my Aqara P1 Motion Sensor with Hubitat and have looked at the Driver package from another community post. I did add it, but could not get it working.

I have a Aqara M1 Hub and the sensor is currently linked to it, so assume this is why.

My question is, if I want to connect the P1 motion sensor to Hubitat directly, does the M1 Hub become defunct as I have no other Aqara kit at the moment (just recently started using Aqara) OR can the motion sensor somehow connect to both whilst I experiment with Hubitat,

I also use a lot of Philips Hue lights and sensors, but I find they are getting more and more expensive where as Aqara is a lot cheaper.

I would love to get the Aqara Motion sensor working with Philips Hue stuff and was one of the reasons and I went with Hubitat - integration.

I know Thread and Matter are on the horizon, but that's for another time.

Just need some clarifications on my options.

Cheers in advance.

Aqara products are notorious for not adhering to the zigbee standard. I avoid them completely. That being said, some folks do have success with them eventually.

To answer your immediate question, you'd need to do a factory reset on the sensor first, then try to pair it with HE and hope it works. Once you've done that the Aqara hub is no longer needed.

Do a search in the forum for Aqara and you'll find TONS of information about the struggles people have with them and the extent to which folks have been successful using them... or not.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.