Intergation with telegram

Hi,

Have anyone tried to integrate HE with Telegram?

I'm still very new to HE but I think it would be possible creating a new app.

Is this correct, can anyone help?

Thanks
Miguel

It should be possible Openhab and Home Assistant have it so there must be a way.

What would you want to use Telegram for? Sending messages from your HE? There are alternatives that are available currently.

There are several APIs available in Telegram but it would be a complete development in order to implement access to one. So, I would recommend using one of the available options while working on something with Telegram.

The issue with pushover is that you need to pay for every platform...

I also notice that in the mobile app there is a notification screen, can we send the notifications to the app?

I've created a virtual device with the driver mobileappdevice but nothing happens in the app.

Thanks

Miguel

You can't create the mobile device manually. After you install the app one will be created in your HE automatically. And yes, you can send notifications to the mobile app.

but don't I need to use the driver to create a virtual device like with pushover?

No. It will get created automatically after you log into the mobile app. Just delete whatever devices you have created, download and install the mobile app and log in with your poral.hubitat.com login and it will create a device for you.

Thanks, I had installed the app before configuring HE, after logout/ login in the app the device just popup.

But the mobile device is "not present" and testing in the device doesn't work.

Did you configure the mobile app with the correct hub and enable all the permissions necessary. I know it works because me (and a whole lot of other people) use it. So, you must have done something wrong. So, like I said, uninstall the hubitat app, delete all the mobile app devices and start over. If you did it wrong, the best way to fix it is to start over.

As suggested deleted the ios app and the mobile device and started all over again.
Woks perfectly.
Thanks for the help and time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.