Interesting mode situation

Two of the modes I have set up are "Kids" and "Away".

They are just as they sound.

Away is typical away configuration activated when everyone is gone (me, wife, and our son). I am using combined presence for this.

Kids mode turns off certain lights and monitors certain rooms that they are expected to stay out of etc. This is set when my wife and I both leave.

The issue I am having is not that big of a deal but pretty annoying.

When all 3 leave HE goes to kids mode for a moment (because wife and I left) then away because the combined presence was changed.

Is there a way to avoid this? Like I said it's not a big deal but it's annoying.

One idea might be to have mode app be responsible to change to 'Away' when everyone is 'not present', but have a RM rule be responsible for changing the mode to 'kids' when only you and your wife are not present, but the kids' presence sensor is 'present'.

Interesting. You don't think that will have the same thing happen? I thought I would have to have some kind of delay.

I'm guessing that you could use a 'cancelable' delay and handle all mode changes in RM...

Previously, I was thinking that 'Mode Manager' could definitely handle the "all presence sensors not present' for Away mode, right? So that leaves RM to handle the two presence devices (adults) 'not present' and at least one of many presence sensors (kids) ' present' for 'kids mode'...

Well I just VPN'd in to home and set this up.

So we'll see what happens.