Integrations

I'm not a Hubitat user.... yet, but I am looking at getting one to make as much of my smart home as local as possible. I currently have Philips Hue lights and switches and a couple of motion sensors (which are currently off line because of a failed experiment) I've been looking to get a human presence detector such as the Aqara. My question is, is it possible to get the Aqara sensor and Philips Hue to play nice with one another in Hubitat so that my very understanding wife doesn't become frustrated with me and my automation attempts?

There is a driver for the FP1 presence detection sensor by Aqara which uses Zigbee protocol. [RELEASE] Aqara FP1 Human Presence Sensor (RTCZCGQ11LM)

And even Philips Hue bulbs have a driver available so you can control the bulbs without using the Hue bridge:

I hope this helps you with your decision.

1 Like

Yes but if they're 1.2 zll bulbs you want to keep them on the hue bridge and use cocohue to integrate them. 1.2 zll bulbs make terrible repeaters/messengers (hue, cree, etc) and when mixed on a mesh that uses ZHA devices (sensors and what not) they cause problems. They should be isolated on their own mesh using a hue bridge or another hubitat. The exception to this are Sengled bulbs which do not repeat or use Zigbee 3.0 bulbs.

If you are referring to the Aqara FP2 sensor, then you'll probably want to take a look at this thread. It describes the various methods of integrating the FP2 sensor with Hubitat, as well as user experiences with the FP2 sensor thus far.

I have an Aqara FP2 sensor as well as Philips Hue lights (still using the Hue bridge) all integrated with my Hubitat hub. It is working well for me, however I am using Home Assistant on a HA Yellow to help perform the FP2 to Hubitat integration. Others use Apple HomeKit (with a HomeKit hub capable device like a HomePod mini or AppleTV) to perform the integration.

1 Like

I'm not sure about either the bulbs (they're about 6 yrs old) or which Aqara sensor to get. I'm a major noob when it comes to the whole smart home integrations thing. Been trying to keep the whole thing on one platform for the most part, even have Philips Hue switches and plugs.

At the beginning of his driver's thread post, Jonathan (dev) does a nice job covering which Hue bulbs are eligible for that driver. 6-year-old bulbs may be pushing it, but that info he has should help confirm your bulbs.

[RELEASE] Philips Hue Zigbee Driver (not using Hue Bridge) - :gear: Custom Apps and Drivers / Custom Drivers - Hubitat

2 Likes