Integrating Alexa's Glass Break Feature into HE Safety Monitor

Good Morning,
I'm a novice HE user -- although I've developed software in a previous life. I use Alexa - but am centralizing all my automations primarily within HE. I want to leverage Alexa's glass break monitor into Safety Monitor. Possible? If so, how?

Thanks,
Mark

It’s a back door approach, but the Guard function from Alexa (which includes the Glass Break) can turn on a “light”, if that light was also configured as a virtual motion sensor that was defined to HSM it should give you the desired result. You’d need a virtual driver with both the switch and motion sensor capabilities similar to:

Switch w/Motion

metadata {
	definition (name: "Virtual motion with Switch", namespace: "cw", author: "cwwilson08") {
		capability "Sensor"
		capability "Motion Sensor"
        capability "Switch"
	}   
}

def on() {
    sendEvent(name: "motion", value: "active")
    sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on")
    runIn(12, off)
}

def off() {
    sendEvent(name: "motion", value: "inactive")
    sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off")
}

def installed() {
}
1 Like

Where is that feature? I see where it can turn something on when Guard is enabled or disabled, but don’t find where it can when it detects something.

This is a new feature for Alexa. Here's an announcement:

I'd like to take that detection and fire a HE automation rule. Still learning -- well, will always be learning.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m using that already. It will send you an alert but I don’t see anywhere where it can turn on a light.

Amazon’s instructions for setting up Guard and using lights:

They need to be set up as Away Lighting in Guard.

The Amazon link takes me to a page not found error.

Interesting, they seem to be blocking it when pasted into a link…. Search on Alexa Guard Lighting

1 Like

Thanks, all,
I'm going to play around with this over the next few weeks. I'll post a note once I have it integrated and let you know how it worked... and how I did it.

Happy Father's Day to all!

1 Like

I guess I’m talking about something different. Alexa guard lighting randomly turns lights on and off when guard is set to away. But I still don’t see anyway to turn on a light when guard detects something, glass break, etc.

1 Like

Believe it had both a home similutor and the capability to switch on lights in response to a Guard event at one point. What it does now I couldn’t say, Guard kept picking up my cat and playing its alert and blinking the lights - WAF was nearing floor level so I stopped playing with it…