Integrate Somfy in Hubitat

That I can't help you with. I would recommend going over to the ST forum and posting on the original thread where the app came from. It's possible that it just doesn't work anymore because of changes in the API. Did you look at the main page for the repo in github?

There's also a driver that you have to install.

FYI...i did a quick look and for some reason the device driver is using parent settings but the device doesn't have a parent child relationship defined. So, I dunno how this thing works.

yes, I know, I am trying to install this 'TaHomaRollerShutterRTS.DeviceHandler.groovy' but I get another error. unexpected token: * @ line 8, column 2.

I'm new here and I don't understand all that well.:innocent::grinning:

sorry, I mean this: TaHomaSwitch.DeviceHandler.groovy and give this error: No signature of method: Script1.icon () is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[title: Update Icon]] Possible solutions: on (), run (), run (), main (java.lang.String), main (java.util.List), main ([Ljava.lang.String;)

Sorry...but you're basically asking for someone to develop an integration for this device at this point. And I don't really have any interest in this device. That said, TaHoma does have IFTTT integration. Have you looked at integrating them that way instead of with this driver/app which you can't use?

1 Like

SmartApp still works on SmartThings. On Hubitat, the SmartApp doesn't render the devices. The devices ARE being discovered in the logs. But they are not populating the radio button display.

Wondering how easy it would be to refactor that part of the SmartApp to something Hubitat friendly. Happy to read some primer to get me going.

1 Like

This is an old thread that covered some basics re: porting from ST to HE:

I hope that in the near future somebody gets this app to work on hubitat.

Hi, I searched the community for Somfy threads and this one has some recent activity. I recently switched over to Hubitat from SmartThings and has been using GitHub - bendews/smartthings-somfy-mylink: SmartThings Device Handler for Somfy MyLink with my SmartThings to have it talk via LAN to a Somfy MyLink wifi device. The MyLink device sends the RTS codes to the Somfy shades, see Somfy's myLink: Home automation for all your window coverings.

The SmartThings code needed some modifications to work on Hubitat and I've made them in the "hubitat" branch of my own fork here: GitHub - scelfo/smartthings-somfy-mylink at hubitat.

I sent the original author a pull request but he isn't using SmartThings anymore so doesn't want to maintain a branch and suggested I fork and take over. Anyone on this thread have a Somfy MyLink and want to help test my fork of the project? My fork would be Hubitat specific so I'd cut it down even further from its current state (i.e. remove SmartThings app icons) and write a Hubitat specific set of setup instructions.

1 Like

@scelfo I am using the same code from Smartthings and would like to test out your code.

Douglas, it looks like I am taking this over, but it will be a few weeks - Iā€™m getting over some medical issues. @scelfo has decided to go with the Bond controller, and there are some issues with his employer owning code he writes, complicated by the licenses that the original programmer used. Iā€™ll shoot you a note when I am well enough to take it up.

Is there any update on the Somfy Mylink integration and licensing/development as you mentioned in your last post? Please advise and thanks again for stepping up to support

Itā€™s coming. Iā€™m recovering from chemotherapy, that knocked me back a bit.

Shoot!! didn't know. Health and family first. Look forward to when you can. Thanks for the update

For others interested, I picked up where @scelfo left off. I've added support for hubitat package manager and bottom-up shades. I changed a few other little things in the logic and capabilities. I've tested it with my setup at home.

1 Like

thanks for the updated enhancements in the driver. One question I cannot find to simplify this is where do you start to populate the Mylink hubs that are in place now and align them as IP targets in HE so you can interact with those shades/zones they control. I have gone through all of the literature and for the life of me cannot find this given at a minimum the 2 drivers are loaded on my C7 now. thanks

Roman (@defunctzombie), thanks for doing this. I had started, but got sidelined with chemo and recovery, plus other health issues. You will understand when you are in the ā€œover 70ā€ bracket.

@supergolfstick, Perhaps it will help if I provide these install/configure instructions I wrote:

Installation/configuration

(1) install Somfy myLink mobile app on a mobile device. Configure myLink app according to Somfy instructions, if not previously done.

(2) on the myLink mobile appā€™s myLink Settings > Info page, note the ID (an eight-character alphanumeric identifier). Now, go to the myLink Settings > Integration page, choose an integration other than Alexa or IFTTT(e.g., Control 4 (preferred) or any of the following integrations). You may initially get an error message because the Current System ID is not set. Click Change System ID, enter a new System ID. Itā€™s probably easiest to choose, for consistency, the same ID shown on the Info page, which will become the System ID used by the Hubitat integration. After setting the System ID, it will appear as the Current System ID.

(3) Click Generate Integration report, and an Integration report page will be generated by the app. Click Send, and an email will be generated with the contents of the Integration report. Send this email to yourself and print it out - it will be needed when configuring the Hubitat parent virtual device, below.

(4) install via Hubitat Package Manager using the ā€œFrom a URLā€ install link

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/defunctzombie/hubitat-somfy-mylink/master/packageManifest.json

provided above by @defunctzombie in his GitHub repository. Alternatively, for a manual install, add Somfy MyLink Hub groovy code from @defunctzombieā€™s repository to Hubitat Drivers Code, then add Somfy MyLink Shade groovy code to Hubitat Drivers Code.

(5) Create the parent device for the myLink hub: on Devices page, Add Virtual Device, Type: Somfy MyLink Hub (from User drivers at bottom of Type drop-down). Enter some Device Name (e.g., Somfy myLink Hub). Optionally, enter a Device Label that will be displayed on the Devices page, otherwise, the Device Name will be used. Click Save Device, and a table of Preferences will appear.

(6) Enter the Preferences: IP address of the Somfy myLink hub, donā€™t change the myLink port (default 44100), enter the myLink System ID from the Integration report, enter the Device 1 Name (which will be the Hubitat child device name, does not have to match the name on the Integration report, but probably should be the same to avoid confusion when switching from the Somfy myLink mobile app to the Hubitat platform) and Device 1 ID (will be the same as the System ID with an appended ā€œ.1ā€). Repeat for all Somfy device names found in the Integration report.

(7) Click Save Preferences, then click createChildDevices.

(8) go back to Devices page, then to each child, adjust the Time (in sec) for the device to open when the open button is pressed.

EDIT: @supergolfstick, if you want to use multiple MyLink hubs, the way to do that would be, after you have done one of them according to the above installation/configuration instructions, would be to repeat steps (5) through (8) in the setup (i.e., create a second virtual device of type Somfy MyLink Hub). I havenā€™t done so, or tested that approach, though.

My approach, instead, is to only have a single MyLink hub and put Somfy RTS repeaters (Somfy part 1810791, available on eBay) where needed to extend the signal. It took two strategically-placed repeaters for our 1900 square foot two-story house. The advantage of this approach is that you donā€™t have to keep switching hubs in the Somfy app (if you use it, I donā€™t), and you can use a Somfy 5-channel Decoflex RTS wall switch (or two or three, in a multi-gang wallbox, depending on how many devices you have) in each room to control all the devices in your home. Whatever.

I was reading that MyLink is US only.
I'm in the UK and I have a somfy Tahoma.
Any luck using these latest drivers or is it a completely different platform?

Thank you very much

The drivers know nothing about the country/region (except that messages are in English). They are just standard drivers that communicate with a device by WiFi.

The issue is with the Somfy RTS (Radio Technology Somfy) radio system, there is the issue of the radio frequency used by the Somfy devices to communicate with the Somfy MyLink hub, and whether the particular radios/frequencies have been approved for use in each region. I know that the RTS systems sold in the US operate at 433.42 MHz, and that RTS in Asia operates at 409, 426, 447 MHz. I donā€™t know about other regions. Somfy devices are designed in Europe.

But the drivers will work fine as long as you can get a Somfy MyLink hub that is permissible in your country, with shade/awning/drapery motors for your country.

These drivers were written to the Somfy API Rev. 19 (2016), which was removed from the Somfy website a couple of years ago, right around the time that the Tahoma device was introduced. The Tahoma device is fairly new. I would assume, but do not know, that the Tahoma device responds to the same API commands as the MyLink. If the same Somfy devices are controlled by the Tahoma hub, it would seem, if some API change has been purposely introduced by Somfy for the Tahoma to prevent non-Somfy devices/software from communicating with the Tahoma hub, that, at worst, you could simply get a MyLink hub.

Assuming that the MyLink WiFi (supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz) and RTS (433.42 MHz) frequencies are the same in UK as in US, it would seem that the obstacle would be the plug (voltage and physical configuration) for the mains socket. The MyLink hub has a standard two-blade US plug on the back, 120 V AC, 50/60 Hz. I believe that there are adapters, commonly used by travelers, that would adapt the MyLink for a UK mains socket.

Why donā€™t you install the drivers and see if they can control devices on your Tahoma hub?

1 Like

@672southmain thanks for the instructions! I've adapted their general flow to the README in the repository.

1 Like

Thank you for that, I tried but there doesn't seem to be any system Id for the tahoma, so I'm stuck there.
I think it's completely different.
But that's fine, I control it with the Google assistant integration now and it's been reliable.

1 Like