Instruction on adding Weather Devices

That's the default value when the virtual "weather" device is created. Your hub has trouble reaching the internet; specifically, it seems unable to resolve names into IP address. Can you successfully complete all the tests under:

Settings -> Network Setup

3 Likes

I ran all four test in Network setup all of them came back with responses which I think are valid. THe speed test and issue prior to me resetting the hub, but now seem ok. Is there something

specifically, I should be looking for?

When you go to the device page itself, are attributes showing up there?

All of the option are shown below, but the "Current Status" at the top is just showing the 72 temperature

Reset your hub for DHCP and see if it works... (Reboot after resetting it to dhcp)

Did that resolve your Alexa issue? If it did not, follow @rlithgow1's suggestion to redo the DHCP reset.

If the Alexa issue is resolved, then use the community openweathermap driver instead of the built-in one.

1 Like

Does your device page look like this?

This what mine looks like:

@Lakecrest See this post ...

1 Like

Use the built in openweathermap driver and then click refresh... (make sure you fill out your api key field) and see if it works. Mine above is the built in driver.

I did find the built-in weather driver and found that the defaulted country code (United States) was incorrect. After deleting that and refreshing, I was able to get the built-in weather driver to work. Yeah!

When I look at the available attributes, I find it's a bit lacking... Unless I'm doing something wrong (likely) I don't see forecasting or icons (just codes).

The community weather driver looks like it might be able to give me what I want, but It is still just showing the temperature.

Did you read @Matthew's post? He is the author of the community driver.

You can go with the wunderground driver,. These are the available attributes for that

1 Like

Does that driver require an API key and a PWS on WUnderground?

just the api key, the pws is optional

The PWS in mine is stating I need to fill it in. Is there a genric one I can enter?

Also are there requirements on the API key as stated for the open weather driver?

I think that has changed.

See:

There are specific API key requirements as indicated by @Matthew for his community OpenWeatherMap driver. These requirements do not exist for the built-in driver.