Inovelli Red Switch Seen uses Button instead of Switch in Dashboard

When creating a new dashboard and using my Inovelli Red Switch, the dashboard creates it as a button by default instead of a switch. I suspect this is a small bug somewhere...?

You just need to choose a different template. When you create or edit the tile, choose the Switch (or whatever you want) template instead.

See here for how to edit a tile if you don't know: Hubitat® Dashboard - Hubitat Documentation

My guess is since the Red series switch has both the switch and button capabilities the auto dashboard creation script is just picking the template based on the first capability that matches a template that it sees?

Thanks @bertabcd1234. That is what I have been doing, but I would prefer if the right one was selected automatically... wondering If it requires a Inovelli driver change, or a Hubitat bug fix...

@Terk, that would make sense. I wonder if it’s something that can be adjusted in the driver or would require a Hubitat bug fix...?

There is no "right" template. :slight_smile: It supports both switch and button capabilities. It might make more sense for such devices to default to the switch template, but both would certainly be usable (though I'm not sure Inovelli implemented the pseudo-standard push() command on their driver, which Hubitat does not technically require for buttons, though many people do and I would assume it is what Dashboard looks for...so it might not, but it would with many).

So, you just have to choose the one you want. The driver does not have a way to force this. Dashboard might be able to make different guesses, but again, I don't know what all goes into how it decides that.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.