Inovelli red switch not controlling light

I notice last night the muted series switch isn’t controlling the light it’s connected to.

Tried from the hubitat device page and the commands are logged but the light doesn’t go off.

Tried physically at the switch, same results.

Pulled the air gap and tried both again, same results.

Is there something I’m missing before elevating to inovelli support?

would first try going to device page and setting dim value to 99%. I have a light fixture that while on I can dim to 33 % but will no turn on after being turned off until I set the dim to above 35%. (it's a ceiling fixture in the kitchen, 25 watt load led)
Just haven't got around to update the software to set minimum dim value.

It’s a switch, not a dimmer and was previously working.

Have you verified that local and remote protection didn't both get enabled for some reason? If you're using Inovelli's driver (or mine), they are both options on the driver page; changing them and hitting "Save Preferences" should send the new values to the device. Local (but not remote) protection can also be toggled on the switch by tapping the config button 8 times; if the LED flashes red when you're done, you just enabled local protection (which you don't want); if it flashes green when you're done, it is disabled (which you want).

If that doesn't help, what specific log entries do you see when you run the commands from Hubitat? (That would be controlled by remote protection, not local, but that's another story.) And do you see any log entries on the hub with physical presses of the buttons, either?

Is it mostly off? I have some bulbs that stat slighlty on even when switch is off. Maybe your bulb just suddenly started doing that.

Are you saying the light stays on full brightness? If so, that could be you have Smart Bulb Mode (parameter 51) enabled

It’s a fluorescent fixture and it stays on whether turned off from the hub or locally.

Out of frustration I pulled the airgap again but left it overnight this time. The switch seems to operating correctly now.

Gremlins are back, switch won’t operate the load either physically or remotely. I think I’ll open a ticket with inovelli.

That sounds like "Smart Bulb Mode" is enabled on the switch (Parameter 52). Did you update the firmware recently? What firmware version is running on that switch now? SBM behaviour has changed a little bit in recent versions.

I assume by the way you said that it is a tube light, not a spiral (CFL). Are these supposed to be used with fluorescent tubes? Some of these smart switches are not supposed to be used on tube fixtures. I think it will be stamped on the faceplate whether it can or not.

You are correct that it’s a tube fluorescent. I’ll check on the rating.

I hooked up an Inovelli switch to a fluorescent tube light and the light would flash when in the off position. I replaced it with an led light and it's fine now.