Inovelli red program question

I have a iInovelli Z-Wave Smart Scene Dimmer LZW31-SN (I believe) that is connected to a light fixture with 54 LEDs, approximate load of 35 Watts. The problem I have is if the dimmer gets set to something below 35%, it will not turn back on until I increase the level to over 35%.
The parameter I need to change is 5 (minimum dim level)

The question is can (and how) can I use the advanced function to edit the device?

The idea of programming at the switch, which would require about 40 button presses, seems painful to try and find the best minimum dim level.
Hopefully someone here has done a parameter change and can explain to this confused senior.
Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 10.12.57 AM

I'd just use the Basic Z-Wave Tool for this, though you could certainly do it from there too if you typed the formatted command correctly. But the tool is a lot easier to both set and check the value with. Inovelli's custom driver (or mine) would also work since they have preferences built-in for this.

1 Like

OK, that looks promising, I'll give that a try.
By the way, where could I find your custom driver?

You need to install the Inovelli Driver and then it's super easy.

2 Likes

Mine is here if you're interested in that: Hubitat/Red-Dimmer-LZW31SN-Advanced.groovy at master · RMoRobert/Hubitat · GitHub. I tried to make it more "Hubitat-y" than Inovelli's (sensible button events, conventional logging, etc.) while still exposing all the features, but Inovelli's driver is fine if you prefer that instead too.

1 Like

OK. I've tried them both (successfully) and I like Berts driver as it's less verbose than the Inovelli driver. I do have one question, at the bottom of the page there is. Component Devices * Kitchen (LED Color) (Generic Component RGBW)
What is the purpose? Or is it bonus configuration if the dimmer is connected to a RGBW bulb? (as I see a child driver created)

It's for controlling the LED strip on the switch itself. Changing it's color, brightness, etc

1 Like

That's from Inovelli's driver, BTW, and won't work with mine (I could add something for it, but it's already doable via the custom command).

1 Like

OK, thanks to both of you I can now dim to lowest value and still have it turn on. First time I had this problem I thought the LED fixture had failed. Anyway all good now.

2 Likes