Inovelli Red Iris 3210l Repeater

Hi All,

I’m using a few light switches and Iris 3210l to get Wave from my house to Garage. My switch works fine, but my 3210 is not reached (they are sitting beside each other)

So the one corner of my house just a few feet away from my house, I have a new red series switch. The garage I have an older inovelli switch.

I have a 3210 in both corners which are closest.

Anyway the other end of the garage I have a wave thermostat CT101 that is not able to connect, this is not that far from the light switch or 3210. Everything was added to hub already.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

What part of the Iris 3210-L? It is mostly a Zigbee device, so the Inovelli Z-Wave switch/dimmer will not help strengthen or extend your mesh for the bulk of that device's functionality. It does have a built-in "bonus" Z-Wave repeater (the outlet portion is Zigbee), and some people have reported problems with this aspect, likely related to firmware version (difficult to update now that Iris went out of business, though I'm not sure if the ST hub can do it--it's otherwise quite similar to the Centralite that the previous version of the ST plug was).

If you don't have a good Zigbee network or other Zigbee repeaters on your network, that's my guess for the problem here.

1 Like

Hello,

The Zigbee portion works great.

My problem is this. The original inovelli switches have a repeater in them, as does the Iris. They are sitting right beside each other and only the switch connects, but does repeat signal to thermostat and iris is not connecting either. If I put the iris closer it repeater no problem.

How are you determining if the Iris plug repeats Z-Wave or what devices are routing through what repeaters? There are no built-in tools to do this for Z-Wave (and limited ones for Zigbee). Are you using a third-party tool?

If your only problem is the thermostat, it could be a more general Z-Wave issue. The CT101 looks like it might be "classic" Z-Wave, not Z-Wave Plus (I'm not sure if there is a newer Plus model out there). "Classic" Z-Wave does not support pairing through the mesh (technically "network-wide inclusion" or NWI), so you will need to pair it close to the hub, then move it to is final destination and run a Z-Wave repair on Hubitat.

1 Like

Hello,

This is exactly what I did...

1 Like

I cannot determine if Iris is retreating Z-Wave, but since they are not staying connected (right beside inovelli one of the older and one red switches) I'm not sure why it isn't connecting.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.