Inovelli LZW36 mysteriously stopped working

I have an LZW36 that's misbehaving. I installed it last Oct, and it's been happily controlling my ceiling fan and light since I got it. I upgraded the firmware to the latest 1.36 when I installed it. Yesterday I discovered it was no longer controlling the fan or light. The switch responds to z-wave commands and manual button presses, and all the LEDs on the switch work. Log entries are showing up in my C-7. It's clearly not a z-wave issue... I suspect that the RF canopy module has died, but I want to make sure I've exhausted all other non-intrusive options before I hop on a ladder and start digging around up there. Anyone have ideas for what else I can try? @Eric_Inovelli I submitted a support ticket on your site, but didn't receive an email with a ticket #. Hopefully you see the ticket in your system...

Edit: forgot to mention that I've already tried the airgap--no change to the behavior when I disconnect and re-connect the mains.

By air gap I'm guessing you meant turning off the circuit breaker, as there is no air gap switch on the LZW36? If so is the canopy module on the same breaker?

Canopy module on the same circuit, yes. My LZW36 has an airgap switch, as shown here:

Edit: just occurred to me- pulling the airgap might not interrupt power to the canopy module. I'll go trip the breaker to make sure the canopy gets power cycled.

@Terk you kicked the cobwebs loose, thanks! After cycling the breaker the LZW36 is functional again. 91 degrees outside, so I'm happy to have the fan working.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah sorry, I forgot they had a air gap switch on there even though there is no load so it doesn't really do much of anything except reset the Z-Wave switch but it won't reset the canopy module which is why the circuit breaker reset worked.

1 Like

Just had the same happen to me. But it was discovered the next morning after a large storm where we had a few power surges/outages throughout the night. A simple breaker cycle remedied the issue.

1 Like