Inovelli Blue Dimmers Showing as Question Marks on Dashboard

I have just installed 5 new Inovelli Blue 2-in-1 VZM31-SN. The all are working under devices. I am using the 4-11-23 driver. Hub is C7 updated to latest firmware. Switches have SW build 2.11.

When I add them to a dashboard (new or existing) they all show as question mark icons with a slider bar. I am using the dimmer template and no other settings. I have enable the devices in the Dashboard. i have added them several times but they only appear this way.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

The ? mark means that the Attributes the Tile wants to display are not available to the Dashboard. This can happen if the attribute gets updated rarely.. battery, for example. Until the device sends the Event and the Attribute gets updated, the device doesn't display it... which means the Dashboard has nothing (yet) to display.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 4.17.53 PM

For example, I just changed that Valve on the left to use a Water template and valves don't have that attribute.

If I select the Valve template, I get a valve display:
Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 4.19.44 PM

A Dimmer wants a very simple set of Attributes: Switch and SetLevel.

The 2-in-1 part.. doesn't that mean you must choose to have it be a dimmer or a switch? If you didn't select anything, it defaults to an On/Off switch.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 4.37.10 PM

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I fixed this by removing the device, factory resetting the switch, and re-adding. When I added them the first time I did not have the driver installed. Changing the driver after pairing worked for 1 switch but the others a full reinstall.

Generally when you change drivers, you want to click the Configure button. This is to allow the driver to send the commands to configure the device to match the driver's expectations.

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 7.05.45 AM

This particular driver has two options plus "All". This might have been a few minutes quicker. :slight_smile:

Exceptions exist, of course... if you switch to the Device Driver, to manually alter parameters, then when you switch back to the correct driver, you probably don't want to potentially undo the adjustment just made.