Inovelli 4 in 1 sensor

No problem

Hi Scott, Just got my 4in1 sensor. If I use USB power, will it repeat z-wave signals?
Thnx

Nope.. It’s a sleepy device with or without usb power.. But you won’t have to worry about batteries..

3 Likes

What he said :arrow_up:

2 Likes

I wish it wasn’t sleepy.. But I still like the USB option.. In fact all 3 of my 4-in-1’s have usb attached

1 Like

That's the one thing I have found with all sensors like this one... all battery powered thus preventing repeating. It would be nice if we could find a way to create a AC powered sensor that can repeat and still be cost effective.

1 Like

Just hooked mine up, I'm getting about 6(six) feet. Which is horrible. Is it possible it didn't pair right? That's with the sensitivity set at 10.

My stupid battery pack shut off during the initialization of the sensor pairing, could that have messed up the functionality? Sensor does report all values

Pairing issues would not affect the PIR distance.. This is going to sound silly, but trust me.. Make sure it is installed with the correct side facing down..

Also since you have changed the pir sensitivity it’s likely the device hasn’t gotten the new setting yet.. It is super sleepy and will only report and will not get configs until it’s next wakeup cycle..

Press the button 3 times quickly to initiate a wakeup

Thanks guys. yes i hit it 3 times. I could have sworn I read to have holes pointing up, but it works better with holes down. Instruction said to make sure they're not blocked but I didn't see any orientation guidelines. I guess I could have missed them

1 Like

The inovelli documentation doesn't have the orientation in it .. I don't think... I'll have to check again.. But that was from the white-label oem..

1 Like

Here you go @bcopeland @Rxich

Holes need to be pointed down at the floor.

1 Like

Cool.. Glad it’s in there.. Didn’t remember seeing it..

1 Like

Thank You, I think I was too excited and blew by it. I'm sure the 2 point font didn't help, but I really missed it.

Anyone know, is this a PIR sensor or another technology?

1 Like

Yes it’s passive infrared

2 Likes

I ordered mine today for the purpose of monitoring temp/humidity and light. The light is the main function since I would like to monitor indoor light for scene activation. Any advice on the mounting then, especially since I'm not interested in the motion. I plan to put the unit somewhere in the house that accurately can see outdoor light conditions. My thought was the room has the scene set. That room has three skylight in a vaulted ceiling. I was thinking of getting it up high in the room where it can see that skylight view (not in direct sun). Getting it up high would minimize the lighting in the room from affecting the sensing since it's all at end table levels.

The other thought was to put the unit on a window sill with the light sensor pointed outward (hiding behind the curtain). That would probably block the motion sensor which is okay for me.

Another thought is a basement window pointed outward. Area is almost always dark except for the light coming through the windows and those windows have a northern exposure.

My goal is to get lighting activated on cloudy or stormy days, and if possible get the lights off if the clouds or storms pass.

I had mine up on top of a surround sound room speaker, lights turning on/off would affect the lux. I just moved it to a window facing outside and it's so much better

I have an MS6 which is powered and mounted outside in a clear weather proof outlet protector. Use it for detecting illuminance for real sunrise/sunset/passing storm stuff.

You could probably do the same with the 4-in-1. I also replaced 3 of my overly chatty (and oddly network corrupting) MS6 sensors in my basement with 4-in-1s and have been happy.. now need to check the holes thx for that advice!

I’m currently waiting for Hubitat to be back in stock, but picked up one of these to run a greenhouse. I just want to make sure that using this hub, this sensor, and a Z wave power strip that the home automation portion can be handled even if Wi-Fi goes down?

My big thing is that this is going to be monitoring temperature and humidity for plants that are very specific to environmental conditions and then based on those conditions I needed to start fans, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers (Offline!). Also run a watering system (though a zwave smart plug). The light sensor is a bonus just let me know that the grow lights are functional, despite the fact that I plan on setting those up via the smart the zwave power strip and therefore should know they are on (basically in case the bulbs burn out).

I was first going to go with Samsung but heard that they’re off-line scheduling was atrocious so this looks like the best bet. I’m also going to be hooking up a Z wave smoke and carbon monoxide detector (first alert).

Currently I’m using a few Zigbee devices too, a few Amazon echo devices (including an echo plus second GEN which isn’t really a full blown zigbee hub) along long with a Phillips hue hub (with a bunch of lights), blink cameras (and hub) and a Wyze lock (and hub). It’s my hope that the Zigbwe devices will also work off-line because the echo plus off-line integration is awful (read... it doesn’t work!)

Again I just want to make sure that I can hopefully use this entire set up both Z wave and Zigby devices with off-line automation. I’m completely aware of the Amazon echo us are going to have trouble, But as long as the locks, the lights, and the greenhouse is functional off-line I’ll be happy.

Lastly how do you Wi-Fi only plugs/bulbs work with this hub? Is it possible that I could use the Wi-Fi only lightbulbs and smart plugs With off-line local activation & automation if I connect them directly to this hub?

Sorry to hijack the thread with multi questions but the most important one is the temperature and humidity sensor since I can’t seem to find any zigbee or Zwave temperature humidity sensors that are reliable! Is this hub the best solution for doing mostly off-line automation? Truthfully the hub will be online 99% of the time but I’m not losing my greenhouse plants when the damn Wi-Fi goes down. :slight_smile: