Implementing Notification on Power Meter with multiple clamps

So I did define a new attribute as a number, p1num... testing. I have modified the code in the method that you referenced to update the attribute. The new attribute appears correctly on the Current States list in the device. And more importantly, I have defined a rule in RM with the new custom attribute and it allows me to do the comparison as a number. Success. Thanks a bunch for the insight.

So if I may, the next step is notifications. It appears that Notifications will not allow custom attributes to be used (?) so I will need to use RM to generate my notification. I like the features in Notifications that allow you to define the number of notifications and how often and etc. Is there a preferred method or way in RM to do something similar. Right now RM generates the notification once a minute or more. I assume this is based on the value change that I am monitoring.

Right, the Notifications app only works with stock attributes.

To make RM only notify once every so often, you could track things with a variable. Each rule has a built-in "private boolean," so you could use that (but you could also create a local variable or use a hub variable). In your actions, this could be something like:

Actions to Run:

Notify: "Power is %value%"
Set Private Boolean False (This Rule)
Set Private Boolean True (This Rule) --> delay 0:10:00

Then, add a "required expression" (formerly called "predicate condition") to your rule, assuming you don't currently have any other use for this feature. If you do and it works, great! If you do and this won't work for you, you could re-do the above a bit and add a conditional to your actions:

Required expression:

Private Boolean is true

Ah yeah. I must have changed mine a long time ago and forgot about it. I just checked the code on my hub and I had changed the powerOne and powerTwo attributes to number :grimacing:

I will pursue something like that. Thanks to all for the assistance. Learning about this new system every day.

Thanks SmartHomePrimer for the validation on the driver change.