I'm tired of [jobs-failed:1] messages :-(

Is this acceptable for my Schlage z-wave lock and my hubitat device? I see the mention of Hubitat in this offering and it says "change device type" and what does this mean??? My Hubitat unit is C-5

Thank you...

Kenneth

Should work. The Ring Extender will probably not work with a C5.

3 Likes

Now, I am back to square one because I have a C-5.

What next??? :frowning:

1 Like

No, you're not. The Ring Extender probably won't work, but everything else we've discussed above should (as should most Z-Wave devices due to forwards and backwards compatibility; some Ring devices are just a bit odd).

3 Likes

Not sure what you mean? Aaiyar said that outlet

Have you seen the List of Compatible Devices | Hubitat Documentation list? Surely there is something in that list that is wall powered and Z-wave that will work for you.

3 Likes

oh... I didn't see that link... I will look at it and then go from there... thanks!!!

1 Like

I wasn't paying attention to that (as usual) I often forget in my zeal to help people about the ring stuff and the C5. For the c5 an Aeotec 6 or 7 should do.

2 Likes

Aeotec 6 or 7

2 Likes

Not necessarily. Line of sight to a human doesn’t always equate to effective propagation of radio signals in a z-wave mesh (in theory it should, but that assumes things that are usually only true in a testing lab, rarely in the real world).

An outlet that’s fairly close by to the lock, but not too far from the hub, is an inexact but acceptable general rule.

2 Likes

Thank you all...

I purchased the EVALOGIK ZW36 Z-Wave Smart Plug to act as a repeater and it seems to do the trick as I was able to do what I wanted to without encountering that darned message.

It was a learning experience for me and I want to profusely thank all for putting up with my efforts.

Have a great week and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.