IKEA Trådfri Outlet

Have not had that problem. Do you have Zigbee bulbs paired directly to the hub? How far is the closest repeater to the hub and how from each other?

Have a look at this doc if you have not seen it yet.

My Hue bulbs are paired through Hue B Smart App using the Bridge, no lights directly connected.

One of the devices is about 5m from the hub - I can move it closer for a short period to test. Is it best to setup in the desired location to create the proper network or can it be configured and then moved?

always in place, always, unless it's a lock, those need to be moved after the fact.

3 Likes

5 meters should not be a problem. I would pair the outlets in place (don't forget configure), then shut down the hub for 20 minutes. Turn it back on and wait for 24 hours for the Zigbee mesh to stabilize.

1 Like

Will give that a go now, worth a try :slight_smile:

are these not joining as generic zigbee outlet?, I added that fingerprint some time ago...

1 Like

Wasn't sure what version he might be on. You're correct, it shouldn't be necessary, but when he described the random on/off and said that he didn't get reporting until he click Configure, I thought that must have been the cause. But it seems there's something else going on here. Maybe his mesh just needs time to stabilize.

Majority do but the odd one joins as a Device and i then manually change. Of the two that are playing up now one joined as each of the types mentioned just.

Figure it could well be the mesh that has got messed up so will see what the reboot does... I won't get time to do any more playing until the weekend now so it will have a good while to stabilise

Make sure you shut down for at least 20 minute. Give it 30 if you've got the time. What you need are the devices to start looking for their parent. If you just reboot right away, that won't happen and it will take days for things to sort themselves.

I'm going for the 30 mins. Waiting to go bed after I've switched it back on as I'm based in the UK so can't leave it much longer than that but wanted to get the mesh rebuild started off so things can tick away while I'm out for the count..

2 Likes

So 7 devices appear to be working solidly now! Responding to on / off's and also showing events :slight_smile:
One keeps dropping off which is puzzling and it is about 2 metres from a working outlet so should be able to pick that up as a repeater. Will have another look at this one later

1 Like

Might be a bad one in the lot taking the whole thing down or at least part of the network. Might consider an exchange for that one

Was starting to think the same.

I also have one that won't even enter pairing mode. No clicks or anything when button is pressed and struggling to reset it

Unplug that one before you try resets. I had problems with one of mine when I was even testing it with a Trådfri bridge.

Unplug the one that won't reset?

I have had it unplugged all day just thought I'd try again. I think this one will be returned

Just to update on my recent issues - i took the two dodgy devices back to Ikea and swapped them. They now work perfectly and I have a very happy Zigbee mesh now...

4 Likes

I think I spoke too soon as one has dropped off taking a few Xiaomi devices with it...

Struggling to reset now. This appears to have stemmed from a hub lockup earlier today which I had to force reboot the hub

I purchased five of these plugs plus two ZigBee repeaters at my local IKEA's. It initially took more than one attempt to get all the plugs paired. One took numerous attempts but eventually I succeeded. Starting the pairing process in the app before putting the plug in pairing mode seemed to work the best for me. I have all the plugs in my garage which requires the signal to go through three walls including two exterior stucco walls and none have dropped off since I installed them. I placed one repeater between them and the hub however since I paired them at my desk next to the hub before moving them to the garage I suspect they are talking directly to the hub and not going through the repeater. I'm still setting up my system but I plan to do the ZigBee mesh rebuilding process when I'm done.

Honestly, pairing the repeaters in place is the best path to mesh success...

2 Likes

I'm sure you are right if you are pairing all your ZigBee devices in place to begin with but I started the whole device paring process before I had purchased the repeaters with the thought that when I was finally done I would initiate the ZigBee mesh rebuilding process. Plus I had ordered online several IRIS V2 motion sensors and V1 contact sensors which I was still waiting to arrive. Since I started out pairing devices at my desk to initially test the system it was easier to continue that way knowing that I was going to have to do the ZigBee mesh rebuilding process anyway.

It's much easier to activate a motion sensor or contact sensor that is sitting in front of you to see if it will trigger an alarm when all the pieces are sitting in front of you especially when setting them up is a trial and error process. Still can't get the keypad to work properly though and I don't want to be running back and forth to it's ultimate location while I'm still trying to get it working "properly."

There is hope for me however. My living room lamp just went on 30 minutes before sunset just like I set it up to do....after two failures it now works.

I'm struggling but I haven't given up.

1 Like