IKEA Trådfri Outlet

Rumor has it the next one will be flat packed and require some assembly.

3 Likes

That should be fun!
Ikea-wrench

3 Likes

I have several of those ziggy things left over from previous purchases. I can never figure out where they go. They really should include assembly instructions with there stuff.

1 Like

I got a few of these Tradfri outlets this past weekend and was able to get them added to Hubitat. One of these was placed near my upstairs bathroom with the goal of using it as the repeater for my Aqara temp/humidity sensor in my bathroom. My question is - how can I tell if the Aqara sensor is going through the Tradfri repeater? I don't have an Xbee to map the mesh network.

You could try the URL
http://YOUR IP ADDRESS HERE/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

2 Likes

If you don't have an xbee to see the mesh, that is the only alternative.

HOWEVER, I will say that my Xiaomi devices (that are reporting every hour as expected and working perfectly) often do not show up on the getChildAndRouteInfo report at all... So don't panick if you don't see all of your devices in that report - it is not super accurate.

If they don't show up then you still don't know how they are being routed.

Thanks for the tips! I ran it and this is what I got:
Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=4, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data
child:[Xiaomi Motion 2, 6F63, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Xiaomi Mi Cube Controller, D814, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Xiaomi Motion 1, 46E7, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Upstairs Bath HT Sensor, 644C, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]

Neighbor Table Entry
[Upstairs Hallway Zigbee Smart Plug, 716D], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:5
[null, 8E84], LQI:255, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Upstairs Hallway Zigbee Smart Plug, 716D] via [Upstairs Hallway Zigbee Smart Plug, 716D]

From purely guessing it seems all my sensors are talking directly to the hub only. How do I force them to change route? If I don't do anything would they eventually re-route themselves?

Shut down the hub for 20 minutes. Devices will route to the strongest parent, which can be the hub in some cases. However, do not do that at 2am. That is the database backup time.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Zigbee_Mesh

Or just schedule the zigbee radio to be turned off for 20 minutes as described in this post.

3 Likes

Neat!

Will this work with Xiaomi devices? I never did a mesh healing because I thought the sensors will disconnect and I will have to re add them one by one, I know they will go back to the same device name but it's a pain anyway.

Thanks

They are stubborn and probably won't, but it won't hurt to try. Xiaomi drop if they miss their checkin, but 20 minutes shouldn't cause all of them to drop.

I have done with Xiaomi devices - but just once (and recently). It worked. A device that kept falling off has now stayed on for a few days.

1 Like

Thanks guys for the tips. I followed the other post and made a rule to disable Zigbee on the hub for 20 minutes (using a virtual switch). I am now waiting for the mesh to "do its thing" in the next 24 hours. :smile:

:crossed_fingers:

Hi, is there any way how I can keep power outlet connected to HE plus has it paired with the button?

So I can control the power outlet with HE and the button ( I know that it is not possible to pair button to HE )

Not possible in my tests. The button only supports touchlink and HE does not. The button will steal the pairing away from HE every time you try.

Best to get an outlet from IKEA without the remote, if you need to use IKEA TRÅDFRI for compatibility with Xiaomi, and then use a compatible button with HE to control it. The new Samsung button is one such choice, or you can also use a Xiaomi Mijia button with the community driver. Those are just two of the lesser expensive options.

If you don’t need Xiaomi compatibility, then there are much better outlets than the TRÅDFRI available.

3 Likes

You are right. I'm migrating from SmartThings and I already have Ikea Power Outlets mainly because of it is a good repeater for Xiaomi Sensors - I have plenty of them. And also I'm from EU and therefore I need EU plug - not that many good outlets out there.

3 Likes

I bought three of these to manage Christmas lights. I paired, configured, and then added them to a simple EXSITING lighting rule, WITH A TOGGLE to work off a button on a philips remote, and they stopped the rule working.

I can turn them on and off individually via the Devices page of the hub, and if I use 2 buttons, one for ON and one for OFF.... it works (So problem worked round).

I have a couple of Tradfri bulbs on a separate button, could they be causing a mesh problem?
Anyone else suffered this? Bit of a long shot asking :slight_smile:

I’d be looking into the details of your rule not your mesh.
Paste your rule and the community can probably assist.

1 Like