Ikea Tradfri Control Outlet Button

Any chance the simple on/off button sold with the Ikea Tradfri control outlet kit is supported? Ikea product number: 703.648.03

It can join HE as zigbee switch and even detects manufacturer information but it doesn't respond to presses.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 11
  • model: TRADFRI on/off switch
  • manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden

Not at this time, and possibly never (they don't play well with hubs): IKEA Trådfri Outlet is a thread that contains more details.

Welcome fellow hubitater.

I think berta is correct about the button. Also my experience with the tradfri plug has not been good, it often falls off and needs to be rejoined. I'm returning the 2 I have. Maybe I got a bad batch? I don't know.

More info on buttons-

Just to add a counter experience - my 4 outlets have never dropped off, and work as expected.

I also have 4 Ikea repeaters, one of those used to drop off - but I moved it to a different outlet and it stays connected now. Now sure what was going on there.

1 Like

Same here.

While they are HUGE, I haven't had one fall off and I bought two when they came out.

I definitely wish they would have made them smaller / NOT block the other outlet - even if that meant they could ONLY be installed in the bottom outlet...

But for the price I can't bring myself to complain THAT much... :slight_smile:

Hmmmm, I have no other zigbee issues. I have 4 xbees, the 3 pro model, as repeaters, and a killer mesh, as seen from XCTU. I think I shall remove and re-pair the tradfri plugs, again! This would be the 3 rd or 4th time. And before you ask, my Smart+ bulbs are running on ST, so no lousy bulbs on my hubitat mesh. I don't know maybe I did get a bad batch.
Thank you for your feedback!

Come to recall does either of you have an xbee? The signal on my tradfri plugs is always abysmal. So the ones I have, have a very weak signal, I'd be curious if either of you could check the LQI in XCTU

I don't. Until they make an xbee with a normal housing (aka cat proof) I can't use one.

Hmm... I guess I could always 3d print one though...

@Rxich I just ran a scan. Four of my Tradfri plugs are connected to the hub and have LQI's of 254. Interestingly, I have two others connected through an XBee3 each and their LQI's are 173 and 139. Somehow I have yet to ever lose one, though.

1 Like

I have a ton of "bad bulbs" on my mesh =S

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.