IKEA Symfonisk Sound Control Remote

I got my Symfonisk sound control remote added to Hubitat. The goal is to use it to control dimmable lights. So far, it paired successfully and connected it to control a Hue lamp. When I go into the device in Hubitat and press the button directly from there, it works to control the lamp. Although, when I try to do the same thing with the physical remote nothing happens. The event log for the device only shows events that are triggered from within Hubitat and nothing when you use the remote. Seems as if it is not registering anything coming from the remote. I read online that it is recommended that you connect the remote twice to ensure it works correctly. I discovered it and paired it the first time and then discovered it again but, didn't see any options to go any further than that. There may be something I'm missing with binding Hubitat to the remote. Any suggestions for troubleshooting or other ways to get this to work?

I’ve never use the built-in driver with it, but the community driver treats each direction as a button press, and the act of not turning as a button press. So if you program button controller with for example the button turning right to start raising the dimmer or bulb, and then the button for not turning (button 6) to stop raising that will handle increasing the level. Then use the button response from turning left for lowering the dimmer or bulb, and again button 6 for stop lowering.

The driver I used is here.