Ikea Shades Remote Buttons

Did anyone find a way to add IKEA Shade Remote Buttons in Hubitat? I got the shades added to Hubitat but remote buttons are useless currently. I would like to make a use of them instead of tossing them out! I see a lot of people are using IKEA shades wondering if its possible to create driver etc to make the buttons usable.

Thank you!

Is that the on/off style one's? I have mine connected to a Conbee2 stick on a raspberry pi that uses the deConz software and a Community driver that connects to deConz

yes that is the one, On/off style. I am new to home automation trying to figure out all the pieces. How does Conbee2 stick and deConz software interact with Hubitat?

The Conbee2 is a small USB stick with a ZigBee radio inside that can have devices paired with it in much the same was as your HE hub, but it accommodates a few peculiarities in how IKEA chose to implement the ZigBee protocol that Hubitat does not. This USB stick plugs into my raspberry pi, including an extension cable, and I have installed the recommended deConz software also on the raspberry pi.

https://www.amazon.com/dresden-elektronik-ConBee-Universal-Gateway/dp/B07PZ7ZHG5/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=2SVDIG7CSUX5Y&keywords=combee+2&qid=1648827338&sprefix=conbee2%2Caps%2C479&sr=8-2

Deconz has an API meaning we can write code to communicate with deConz from the HE hub, which one Community member has done here:

Integrate deCONZ

You don't have to use a raspberry pi, you can run the conbee2 and deConz on Windows I believe, but I don't have any experience with that setup or know whether the community driver works with that setup.

With all that installed, the driver detects each device connected to the conbee2 stick and creates virtual devices representing those on HE. When you press the on button on a remote, it tells deConz, which then tells HE, and you then setup rules / automations that are triggered by the virtual device representing that remote.

Make sense.... :slightly_smiling_face:

yes thank you! it make sense. I will explore more and come back if i have further questions. Thank you!

1 Like