Ikea fyrtur blinds and hubitat

Hi new HE user here! I was reading some of the old post from the Ikea blinds and I was trying to follow everything but I couldn't get to pair them correctly. So I have 2 blinds on the same room, one next to the other and the repeaters both underneath the blinds. So what I did was to pair just 1 so I can see how it works, I manage to add them to hubitat and add the driver, but the thing its that they don't work. I don't know If I need to change something else. I can even see the battery life. I have it on my dashboard as shade but doesn't work. thanks for the response

Mine just works with the generic ZigBee shade driver. Try that. Also don't forget to save device

1 Like

Wait, these work native with Hubitat and you don't need the Ikea bridge?

Here is the link! Ikea Fyrtur and Hubitat? - #5 by craigspree ive managed to make them work too! so give it a try. I can try helping u but I'm new to HE so I suggest u read that post GL!

ive manage them to work with HE but now I need to add them to google home or I need to add google home to hubitat

You definately don't need bridge and actually it would never work with the bridge. You can only have one "coordinator" and for us that is the Hubitat hub. Exceptions for Hue, Lutron, Switchbot, maybe others.

I can't help with Google I use Alexa. Did you enable the Google app

Those links seems to suggest you need the Tradfri, which is out of stock.

I bought my blinds and each one canes with tradfri I though they came with the package for everyone

I found an issue, the thing it’s that the first time I pair it with the google app I was using the blinds as switch so my command was “google turn off the lights” I want them to change them as shades but every time I change them google doesn’t sync or something and they keep showing as lights. I’ve already unpair them like 4 times, delete my dashboard any suggestions?

Hubitat's Google Home Integration does not support blinds/shades (according to the documentation.)

I see you created a duplicate thread.

I have responded in [RELEASE] IKEA window roller blinds - #175 by HAL9000

ive been looking on some forums and ive read that google can work with smart blinds or at least some brands

No disagreement from me. :sunglasses:

Google Home may very well be capable of working with blinds/shades. Unfortunately, it appears that Hubitat has not expanded their Google Home integration to include that type of device, yet. :wink:

1 Like

That’s so sad, I thought they where google home compatible. Tbh I’m making the blinds work with the light command I don’t have a problem right now. Going to try to add new automation so they can work all alone

I know nothing of Google Home. However, in the Alexa world there is a common workaround for when a device type isn't supported in Alexa. I create a virtual switch in Hubitat and expose that to Alexa. In Alexa, I create a routine so that when I say "Alexa, make the room dark", it will turn on that switch. In Hubitat, when that switch is turned on, it does something (like adjust the shade) and then turns the switch back off. Maybe you can do something similar in the Google world.

My IKEA shades are recognized by Hubitat, and are on the list of devices recognized by Google Home.

I save this, and when I load the list of devices again, the shades are not selected.

However, Alexa recognizes the shades and can control them.

If I remember correctly, the shades worked with GH then something changed to where they were no longer supported by GH.

Yea I was messing atriums with Google home and I manage to make the command “turn of the lights” closing the blights and turn on opening them. My only issue is that Google still recognize that button or tile as switch even tho I already change it to shade

My Google home it’s working good with the blinds so I’ll hope it sticks like this

So if you say “hey Google, open shade x” that shade will open?