IKEA drivers "Get Route Table" command - source code available?

Hubitat's device drivers for the IKEA TRADFRI Control Outlet and Signal Repeater include a Get Route Table command.

I am looking for a method to look up and present the Device Name / Device Label matched to a particular DNI (Device Network ID, also known as the "16 bit address" as shown in the Zigbee Details page). So, I'm wondering if the source code that performs this in the IKEA outlet / repeater drivers can be shared.

The reason is that I'd like to add the look up method to my Xiaomi / Aqara device drivers as those devices actually share their parent's DNI in their regular "check in" messages, and it would be great to present that DNI along with the user's name for the parent ZigBee router device in cases where it's not the hub.

6 Likes

Have you tried using the Ikea repeater driver with those Xiaomi devices to see if they even respond to those commands?

4 Likes

Neato! Learned something new - I can see the route table for my Samsung and Centralite/Iris outlets.

5 Likes

Right, those are routers, so those commands should work on them.

4 Likes

It also works on Xbee's and CC2530/CC2531s... How about making a Generic Zigbee Signal Repeater with those commands? Easier to find than "Ikea TRADFRI Signal Repeater"... It would also be nice to have the example code to add to other drivers...

4 Likes

The Ikea repeater driver's 'Get Link Quality' command works for the Cree and Osram bulbs I tested as well ('Get Route Table' appears to work for Cree but not Osram).

2 Likes

I'm wondering if it works on Xiaomi battery devices, I think that was @veeceeoh was interested in.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell for Xiaomi/Aqara devices, the "Aqara Smart Curtain Motor" (ZNCLDJ11LM) and "Xiaomi Smart Plug" (ZNCZ02LM) does respond to both commands.
I would love to be able to implement this command in those drivers. As well as use it for other devices which may support it.

I have also tested the following, none of which respond to either command:
Mi Cube Controller
Xiaomi Door and Window Sensor
Xiaomi Motion Sensor
Aqara Water Leak Sensor
Xiaomi Temperature and Humidity Sensor
Aqara Wall Outlet
Aqara Vibration Sensor

I have not tested it with all types of Aqara/Xiaomi devices, only the above.

EDIT: Added one more device which supports these commands.

3 Likes

I've added this request to our feature list.

5 Likes

Looking forward to it, thank you!

2 Likes

Yes, and I saw the same as @markus - none of the battery-powered end devices respond to the Get Link Quality or Get Route Table commands.

Interestingly, my Xbee modules also didn't respond to those commands when I assigned either of the two IKEA drivers.

@mike.maxwell - If it's not possible to share the code for those commands, then could you at least share the method used to look up a Device Name / Device Label based on its DNI?

1 Like

Unfortunately it's a protected method, so even if you knew what it was it wouldn't work for a user driver.
It's protected for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Users can always reference a given DNI to the device name in their hub UI's ZigBee Details page.

1 Like