IKEA Bulb existing driver?

Just acquired a new IKEA Bulb that is ZIGBEE
IKEA Bulb 800 Lumen

Tried adding it to my C-4 but the hub recognized it as a
"Zigbee - Xiaomi/Aqara Motion Sensor" tried a few bulb drivers but it is not recognized, does anyone know if this bulb is supported?, here is the pairing info

Thanks

I don't think I've used this particular bulb (though one other that is pretty similar), and the "Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb" driver is probably your best bet. After switching drivers and saving, be sure to hit "Configure," wait a few seconds for the driver to run some tests, then try yourself. "Generic Zigbee RGBW Light" is also an option that might work--aside from the below.

With the bulb that I used, it did fine with color temperature but had some oddities with "Set Color." Specifically, I know it only reported color back in "xy" values rather than hue/saturation values. I can't recall if it even accepted "Set Color" commands with hue/saturation values (which is what Hubitat will send and is its native color model for reporting, too--though reports you might be able to live without if setting still works), but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't, either. I suggested the Advanced driver above because I believe these have some built-in conversion that can help with an xy-only situation like these bulbs.

I believe there is also a community driver for Ikea RGBW bulbs floating around that works around this by using custom commands to set colors from a pre-defined list. I'm not sure if it is still maintained or what exact models it works with. Here's one; there may be others: Tradfri LED RGB bulb - #67 by holand.ivar

That being said, they are not on the official compatible device list, and I suspect this is the reason. :smiley: But it's possible you can make them work to some extent regardless--just not sure about the color piece.

1 Like

Thanks for the information but unfortunately none of your suggestions work. All the drivers fail to even turn the bulb on or off. What are the chances of this type of light being supported in the future? or am I 'flogging a dead horse"

Thanks again
Ian

I guess @mike.maxwell woud be the one to say for sure. There's hope if they pair, which it sounds like they do, but I'm surprised that even on/off (that much is pretty standardized...) doesn't work. Lots of other Ikea devices are odd for different reasons, but color was the only thing I recall from previous bulbs.

If you haven't ruled out a mesh network problem on your side, I might suggest that first (maybe trying it near the hub?) -- especially if you have a network full of Zigbee bulbs, many of which (not these, as far as I've seen) are known to be poor repeaters, an issue you'd need to look at eventually, but I'm just guessing at other possibilities for now.

No it appears to pair but with the wrong driver detected. Changing it to the other drivers provides a positive presence attribute, but alas no control. All my pairing attempts are within 2-3 feet from the hub.

This is not an attribute used by any stock drivers for lights, but if you just mean that the device appears to be on the network by some means (Last Activity At?), I suppose that makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.