iHome Switch Support (Note not Homekit)

Bumping this. iHome support would be life-saving. I have isp6x switches all around the house and Christmas lights are powered by outdoor iHome iSP100 devices!

3 Likes

Thanks for the support purplenurple.

Not sure what other equipment you are using but there are some workarounds via IFTTT and Homekit.

For instance my Christmas/Landscape lights connected to iHome switches are mainly controlled via Homekit automations. However I wanted a physical switch to manually control them. How I did this was to dedicate a single Lutron plug in switch and have Homekit monitor and mirror its state on the iHome switches. In other words, a trigger from Hubitat to turn on the Lutron Plug in switch will cause Homekit to turn on the iHome switches.

In the same way, Hubitat could monitor that Lutron switch and activate devices paired to it. So a Siri 'turn on Christmas lights' in Homekit could work its way back and turn on a Z-wave switch.

I suppose a Philips Hue bulb could be programmed in a similar way as a go-between

At the moment, this seems to be the best workaround (IFTTT has a long delay sometimes and an additional 'cloud' cog to go through) for me. Hope that helps until Hubitat supports iHome natively.

+1 for ISP5 support

Please add iHome smart plug support. I have several of these including an outdoor one for lights under my gazebo.

2 Likes

I'll toss out another request. I have a few of these laying around the house.

3 Likes

I'm feeling like a broken record. The cloud connected devices can be supported by IFTTT and Google Assistant Relay. No you don't need to buy a Google Home or use one. :grinning:

I have two of these and they work fine using a virtual switch and IFTTT.....a little delayed response, but still works, I had no option previously to integrate these into Vera as they don't support them OR IFTTT, so I'm happy at least having them accessible with my home hub and not ONLY being able to use their proprietary app.

It would be nice if an actual driver made, just to be able to have energy monitoring with it, but I usually only use these two for non higher energy controls anyway.

2 Likes

I'd love to see a way to control my ihome smart plugs from Hubitat! I'll add in another request for that feature.

3 Likes

This is not for the faint of heart but its working for me currently. I hope for pull requests... I only have one ihome device and don't plan to put too much more into this right now but given the interest I figured I'd share. Thanks to scott stevenson for his doc getting me off the ground with iHome's "API". Though it appears I can't link there in this forum.

Note that this 'API' appears completely unsupported so YMMV

I also can't post any links soooo... (maybe someone can followup with the actual link?)
Go to Github look under the user krbaker for the hubitat-ihome repository :man_facepalming:

This please.

Here's the GIT link mentioned, but it's not working for me. Trying the IFTTT route :frowning:

https://github.com/krbaker/hubitat-ihome

1 Like

@trunzoc

Wait - when did you switch from Wink to Hubitat?! Does this mean the end of winkathome?

In any event, welcome!!

Haha. I am currently switching, but have some stuff that I have not yet found an HE solution for, so probably running both until Will.I.Aint kills it.

Either way, sadly, Wink@Home is probably going to be shuttered soon. It was a fun project that i used to occupy a rather boring moment in my life. I haven't touched the thing in 4 years. It's just been running along, doing its thing.

The costs associated with it were always offset by the amazon links in the wiki, but for the past year or so, it's dwindled to single digits, so now it's just an out of pocket expense. It's hard to justify paying that expense when I no longer use or have faith in the product.

1 Like

Well - once again welcome!

You contributed more to the Wink community than anyone else (WinkAtHome and WinkAtHome wiki), not to mention your active participation on platforms like Google+.

I'm sure you'll get all your stuff integrated into Hubitat real soon. Or find suitable alternatives from others over here.

Welcome to the Hubitat Community!

Have you posted what you're looking to substitute anywhere? Lots of knowledge and creative ideas here. Just have to post and you're almost certain to either find a solution, or information that will set you on the right path toward a solution for your need.

1 Like

Thanks! This is certainty a robust and welcoming community! It's great to see.

Also great to see the owners interacting so readily in the forums.

I'm still in the process of transitioning from Wink to HE, so not yet sure of the casualties.
So far, most of what I've looked for has had a replacement driver here. I'll be sure to ask when it comes to that point.

The problem is I keep going down these rabbit holes of new things I can do (starting my car through HE. Love it!)

3 Likes

I used this with my iHome ISP100 outdoor plug and works perfectly. Thank you!

I tried this and it finds my device and shows it but it doesn't respond to on/off commands

Also would like to see support for iHome, isp6x outlets and iss50 multi-sensor.

Doesn't using IFTTT completely and totally defeat the purpose and huge benefit of having LOCAL home control/automation??? The reason I chose Hubitat was to get AWAY from cloud dependency. So I too would appreciate it very much if Hubitat could talk directly to my iHome devices.

Only local devices can be local. So if you want to sit and wait for someone to come up with a local driver for a really unpopular device, of course that's an option. You will be waiting a very long time I suspect.

Otherwise, if you use a cloud connector like IFTTT or Google Assistant Relay, you can start using and enjoying your cloud connected devices with Hubitat today. That is the entire reason for their existence. But since you see the great benefit in going local, then a Zigbee or Z-Wave device is a more appropriate choice.