IFTTT recipes suddenly stopped working from Hubitat

I have been controlling some WiFi devices with IFTTT & Hubitat for about a year. Suddenly, none of my dashboard tiles work anymore.

Has something changed?

I also got notifications from IFTTT today that some routines had been stopped. I have to investigate today. Any SmartLife based products will definitely not work with IFTTT any more because they have terminated their agreement (due to cost reasons I assume) as reported elsewhere on this forum. But the notifications today are regarding other automations/integrations.

So, I wonder where that leaves us.. is there an alternative to Smart Life?

You can flash most of the devices with Tasmota if you are up for that challenge. Various posts on the subject on this forum. I didn't do it yet. Will likely switch to zigbee devices for those few items affected.

I noticed my one Martin Jerry switch stopped automating as well. Looks like another inovelli purchase for me.

As if we needed more evidence to support the idea of getting away from "hosted" services and bringing things local makes sense.
Sure was handy though.

1 Like

Apparently (and I dont use IFTTT myself), theres an alternative called Brilliant Lighting that can be used for Smart Life IFTTT, explained in a little bit more detail here YouTube by Paul Hibbert

3 Likes

Thanks All
@EVOLVING.HOME .. Brilliant Lighting works GREAT.. thanks for posting a perfect solution

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.