IFTTT and Google Assistant/Home not able to connect to Hubitat

Can your hub reach the server to do updates?

Yes, when I first received the hub and was setting it up, I had to update the firmware from 1.x.x.x (I don't remember exactly) to 2.0.6.112. So yes, it can reach the server.

I'm able to get to my devices on IFTTT, so there's not a general outage, just something on your hub's connection that isn't right. Sorry, but only support is going to be able to resolve this for you. They've got quite a workload with the influx of ex Iris owners and dissatisfied SmartThings owners. Hang tight, and they'll answer you soon.

Alright, thanks for your help. Hopefully support can help me.

There's no question if they will, but the when is unknown. No was expecting Lowe's to exit the space so quickly and this has strained the currently available support resources. Samsung seemed like they had a handle on their transition to the new hub platform, but that's turned out to be a comedy of errors that many are just plain fed up with.

3 days and still no reply from support@hubitat.com.
There is not auto reply issuing a ticket #.
There is no phone number to call.
Am I to wait forever?
HEY SUPPORT, LOOK AT MY CASE PLEASE.
Samsung SmartThings sucks because they created a mess with their new app and integration. That is why I bought a Hubitat. Well, Hubitat isn't really better. Will samsung eventually bounces back? At least their support is more responsive and there is a number to call!

Does you hub have a static IP address set (DHCP reservation)?

It does get the same DHCP address from my DHCP server. So far it has not changed.
BTW, I was surprised that there is no way to set a static IP address on the hubitat itself. If I am wrong, correct me.

I can reserve the IP address for the mac on dhcp server but what Hubitat should do is to allow setting a static ip if it is so important for it to function.

The company is just a year old, has just one dedicated support person, with others in the still small team doing their best to pickup the extra support and do their own jobs too.

There has been a massive intake of new owners due to the unexpectedly quick shutdown of Iris and the large number of people jumping off SmartThings due to their missteps.

Their is a huge support queue as a result. Bobby is working like mad, but the priority has to go to people with a hub that is not functioning I’m sure. Please be patient.

Kindness gets you assistance from the community😃

Nope. There isn't. The only way is to setup a DHCP reservation. If the IP address hasn't changed, then the only other thing I can think of would be to double check and make sure that the account you used in GH is the same one you used on your HE (and the same for IFTTT).

It's not that a static IP is required for the HE to function, it's that it's required for external cloud services to function. Those aren't primary to HE. HE can function without any internet connection at all (and that's the reason many of us bought it).

1 Like

Static was discussed at length in the community. Sorry, but t’s not going to happen. You’ll need to reserve the IP address in your router.

Not worrying about static IP (or we should call it reserved DHCP address to the MAC address).
Just worry about when my automation would be done.
I am not in the field for profit. I am just an end user trying to get this setup over with. So, I don't plan to read and watch every posting on the forum.

Bobby, can you please work on my issue?

In another thread, it was determined that the cloud registration hadn't been completed. This could be related to your issue as well.

@corerootedxb this sounds very much like I was dealing with. @derekc it sounds like there may have been a problem during the hub registration. And if that's the case you will need to contact @bobbyD, or via email at support@hubitat.com give him the mac number off the HE and let him check the registration. Have you been able to connect to GH or IFTTT at all? If you haven't then this most likely is the problem, if you HAVE had it connected at one point, then it may be a different problem.

ALSO... make sure you reserve the IP address that was assigned to your hub when doing the initial hub setup. THAT'S VERY IMPORTANT as well! Once you reserve your IP address, reboot the router, reboot the hub, and everything should sync.

2 Likes

I will get back home and try in couple hrs. Thanks for all the suggestions.

2 Likes

Alright, I have sent an email to support@hubitat.com, described the problem, and included my MAC address. It has never paired to GH or IFTTT at all, so I think that the registration is the problem as well, since I bought it used. All I can do now is wait for @bobbyD to come back with a reply.

3 Likes

Were you able to get things fixed or have you received any word from support yet?

Bobby just fixed it.
The hub was bought used off ebay and it was registered under the seller. I had to provide photos to show I have it. Bobby then did the magic.

So, just a reminder, if you buy a used one, make sure the previous owner unregister or somehow release the hub for the next owner.

4 Likes

Awesome! Now the fun can begin! :slight_smile:

Congrats on getting all fixed up! :clap: