If Then Nested

Hi there. So i'm a little confused, I thought that if my IF THEN was true so my ELSE would be False.
So if my ELSE is False i assumed the IF's below the ELSE would also be false and would display as (T) [FALSE ]

See screenshot where my 3 IF's below my ELSE are showing as (T) [TRUE]. How can they be true if the ELSE they're nested amongst is False.

I know i'm missing a fundamental trick here and my understanding must be wrong. Thanks for your help in advance.

Because they are separate conditions and those conditions are TRUE, but they don't even get to run because as you said the 2nd IF THEN is the bit that runs.

So its showing you what the state of each condition is, not what is running. You work out what is running by following the logic.

1 Like

Cheers for the sound acvice :grinning:

Hi, guys, for the record. I've re-written this rule as a carbon copy and it works perfectly. Since migration onto 2.2.7.126 I've had issues with rules which are triggered and contain virtually owl ejmor contain) bumy

Great to hear!

Might be a typo above? :confused:

That is a very serious issue indeed. I suggest at least a visit to the Pharmacy, if not the ER!

:smiley:

1 Like

Predictive text and a plethora of beer resulted in that obscure sentence. What on earth did I write without proof reading :face_with_monocle:. Anyway, what I meant to say is that since I moved to 2.2.7.126, my rules which were controlled and triggered by virtual dimmers started to play up. I've re-written 3 of them as carbon copies and they work es expected. Very odd, I logged this with support but I've not had a resolution to date. To be fair, the problem doesn't replicate when a rule is re-written.

1 Like

Ah I see. It was that mind of owl ejmor contain) bumy :smiley:

1 Like