If I added the Inovelli driver AFTER the switch was already in Hubitat, how do I add the LED child color into it?

Toward the bottom of the device settings there are some toggles to create child devices. "Create "LED Color" Child Device"

Hmm, I have that option on the dimmers which already have the child devices, but the switches do not have that option anywhere.

Figured it out. In case anyone after me comes, you have to change the drive type to inovelli switch red series. then for some reason i had to make a change LED Effect Color - Notification 1 and the child showed up.

1 Like

So I installed an LZW30-SN (Red series switch) and its using the latest Inovelli driver. I then created an LED Effect Color - Notification 1, where I want the LED to turn red when the garage doors are rolled up. I'm trying to use Simple Automation Rules for this. But when the doors go up, nothing is happening. Any ideas?

@bertabcd1234 Any ideas? You are very knowledgeable with Inovelli devices. How do I get the notification LED to change colors? What rule app should I use, and how?

FWIW I use @MFornander's Switch Dashboard app for utilizing the LED on my Inovelli switches.

Does turning on that "Notification 1" child device (directly from the device page, your second screenshot) do anything? If not, there's some device problem, and no app/rule will work with it either. Your last screenshot, of Simple Automation Rules, looks like it should work, so if that isn't working, I'm not sure why (does logging give you any clues? I'd probably turn off "Enable on/off optimization" since you're only dealing with one device and I'd want to be extra sure SAR doesn't miss sending a command). I use the setIndicator() command with a custom driver (mine, not Inovelli's) from Rule Machine or a custom app rather than SAR, but I don't see why any of the above wouldn't work, either.

Turning it on from the device page does not turn the LED red. It stays white. I am on firmware 1.19, FYI.
I can change the color of the LED strip through on the parent device page, which I guess is it's resting, not doing any notification, color. But pressing On on the child device page doesn't change it to red.

That's weird. Are each of the four options for "Notification 1" still configured in some way (like they are in your original screenshot)? Do the logs show any errors or things that don't work? Does "Notification 2," which it looks like you also have configured, work?

Logs don’t show any errors. Switch Notification 1 or 2 doesn’t change LED strip color when turned on or activated with an RM rule.

I also sent an email to Inovelli also a couple of days ago, and am awaiting a response.
@Eric_Inovelli

Weird, it looks like everything should work. Do other commands on the switch work as expected, like on() or off()? If so, does "Set Indicator" with that value you see for parameter 8 in your screenshot work to get this effect? That would rule out a device problem versus something with the child device.

Hey, did you ever receive an email back or get this figured out? Sorry, been swamped the last week or so and we're down two people, so I've been covering for them. But I popped over here and saw this tag.

Edit: Looks like no one did... I'm looking at your ticket right now. Let me work with Eric M on it.

@ericm -- any thoughts here?

@CrisD Can you take a screenshot of the device details at the bottom of the page?

I noticed in your order history that you have multiple Red Series On/Off's -- do you experience this with all of them or just the one?

I haven’t installed the other 4 yet.

@ericm @Eric_Inovelli I will try to install another Red Switch tomorrow. In the mean time, can you look over my driver. Maybe I just have something typed in wrong.

I lost track of this thread and feel like this was discussed somewhere else, but the deviceType number you have is "4" which is the black series. Is it possible that you flashed the wrong firmware on it?