I need generic zwave shade driver [SOLVED]

Hello
I'm testing something right now.
But I don't have any data.
I request generic zwave shade driver
plz

There is one built in. It is literally called generic Zwave shade driver.

I know.
I'd like to add a stop code.
I can't see the code.

You cannot see built in driver code. It is not open source.

Then the stop order will be issued in the next update.
Please put it in.

As mentioned above, Hubitat is not open-source, and the Generic Z-Wave Shade driver is not one they've made public as an example of how to write drivers. Also, this is the community forum, and none of us work for Hubitat (well, most of us don't) and don't have the ability to put things into the firmware. :slight_smile:

If you want something close, a good starting point might be a SmartThings device type handler for Z-Wave shades, such as this:

Then keep in mind the differences between the two platforms, which you can read about in various places but are perhaps best summarized here:

However, it might be easier to start with a Hubitat dimmer driver, which they have released as an example, and then add relevant shade/blinds capabilities and the methods and attributes those require, plus strip away some of the things you don't need that this driver has (being a Central Scene-capable driver for Z-Wave dimmers):

Many of the command classes you'll be dealing with (e.g., SwitchMultiLevel) are the same, so it's not as far off as it sounds.

And in the interest of not making you work harder than you need to, this is a driver I'm using for my Z-Wave iBlinds:

https://github.com/RMoRobert/Hubitat/blob/master/drivers/iBlinds.groovy

However, there are some oddities in here catered towards some specific peculiarities of these blinds (they don't seem to send a report back after you send a set/command, for example) which I hope most devices don't do, so I'm not saying this would be a good starting point. :slight_smile: Still, it may be close.

Hopefully seeing these three examples will get you somewhere.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.