I may have a bad unit

I can't get the portal to recognize my unit. I've read other posts that said reboot it and I've rebooted it, waited five to ten minutes, and it will never show up. I've done this process at least 20 times. I've email tech support and they just sent me a link for getting a refund has anyone else had terrible customer support with this company. I can't seem to get anyone to respond other than sending me a link to start the return process. When I got the link I responded "no suggestions on how to fix this issue?" I'm really surprised at how bad the customer support is.

Sorry to hear about your issues.

• Have you looked at your router to see if the HE hub has been assigned an IP address? (The mac address should be on the bottom of the hub).

• Is there any light on at the front of the hub. If so, what colour.

I'm assuming it is a C7.

2 Likes

If they've determined from your troubleshooting that it's a bad unit, wouldn't that be the appropriate response?

2 Likes

Yes it's online and pingable that's it no response.

Yes that would be an excellent response if they had gone through any type of troubleshooting before they sent that message. What I said was I sent a message about my issues and their reply was "here's a link for the return process" there was no troubleshooting.

This. :arrow_up:

Did you try your hub's IP address :8081 or :8080? (for example, my hub is 192.168.0.102:8081)

1 Like

I was able to access by adding :8081 to the end of the ip address. What do I do now?

What's the color of the LED? Blue or Green?

That would indicate your description was sufficient for support to determine that a replacement/return was necessary. My suspicion is that you have received one of the "rare" hubs that doesn't have the platform loaded. Is the LED not lit or any color other than green?

2 Likes

But you have not answered the real question: What color is the LED? Not sure why you are avoiding answering that?

1 Like

Sorry I wasn't avoiding anything it's blue.

1 Like

Looks like it doesn't have the platform. Once upon a time, it was possible for endusers to load the platform via a download, but I don't know if that is possible with the C-7 model.

A return/replacement is likely your best choice.

1 Like

Yep, I guess support was correct. You got a bad hub and exchanging it is the way to go.

1 Like

Ok I appreciate you guy's help.

1 Like

Read this message and the long thread that follows is:

In the end, the outcome was ...

I think your symptoms are similar and support tried to save some time by processing a return/replacement .....

2 Likes

Thank you again I shoot them an email.

2 Likes

Mine would not respond until I used the MAC address to connect. Just be sure you try that too.

I tried that it still didn't work they are sending me a new one. Thank you for your suggestion I appreciate it.

1 Like