I deserve to be given the cold shoulder

@ChrisPowys

Bobby is pretty busy right now, and I didn't want your contribution to the forum to go unrewarded. Below is your badge for WAF Achievements Above and Beyond the Call of Home Automation, including the Dog House Special Honors for digging your hole even deeper with surprisingly thoughtless additional comments. :smiley:

3 Likes

We're just over 30-odd years of wedded bliss. So I forget, you mean reading a good book, right?

Hmmm...since my Iron Man suit is at the cleaners I think I'll avoid any incendiary comments. Don't want the kids to lose their father... :wink:

1 Like

Thats an immediate backfire... 9/10 wives would just immediately throw the hub in the circular file.

4 Likes

the good wife television GIF

3 Likes

@danabw - worn with (erm) pride?
Got to setting the one up in the freezer only to discover that the food probe doesn't go below freezing. Hue sensor back in the mix. THIS time I'm doing it during daylight hours AND I've written an enormous reminder on the kitchen noticeboard.

1 Like

I use that approach too!

HEY DANA:
DO NOT FORGET YOUR PHONE!!

Actual note on door to garage after forgetting it several times in one week a while back... :wink:

2 Likes

UPDATE: I may have been forgiven for "Freezer-Gate" as my OH said something that left me a bit gob-smacked. I have a couple of roller blinds & zigbee motors sitting in my "things to do" box. The comment was:

When are you going to put that automated blind in here. It would be really useful!

I truly hope it won't be a case of "be careful what you wish for" and that my redemption will be continued.

Next is the justification of the cost of more repeaters. The last freezer to receive a sensor is in an outbuilding and proved to be out of range of the existing mesh.

2 Likes

As I've said before, in my house the only purchases that do not require a PO and Controller Review are devices that improve\ensure network security.

You would be surprised at how many Zigbee and Z-Wave devices I have had to purchase to keep our home network secure. :wink: Hint, hint.

4 Likes

I love this post.

1 Like

It is fun when it's someone else, isn't it.... :grinning:

1 Like

The worst is when you do something and the spouse gets used to it and even really likes the way it works then it fails and she gives you that look that says "Mother was right, I should have never married you because you are an ignorant fool that can't even do your own hobby correctly.... I think I'll call a lawyer tomorrow morning when he isn't in the house and start separating myself from the useless meatbag. I'll find someone who understands boolean logic like a real man and can satisfy me"...

Set up a Smart Home Consulting side business.. then you will HAVE to buy Home Automation gizmos and geegaws you know for demo and write-off purposes.. :wink:

3 Likes

And posting here would be considered "research"....

2 Likes

Apparently some of us do a lot of "research" lol

4 Likes