I broke Hub Mesh!

8 hubs, UPS. Power outage, looking like it will be several hours.
Shutdown from settings menu, all of them.
Power comes back up.
Hub mesh across the hubs reports "There are no other active hubs on the local network."
They are all running 2.2.8.141.
I reverted 4 of them from .145 in hopes that all having the same revision would help.
It does not seem to have.

All advice welcome.

If the router(s) they're connected is/are up and running, rebooting hubs in no particular order should have them talking to each other again.

I'll see what can be done about keeping discovery going after a reboot. As is, it times out relatively quickly.

1 Like

Perhaps a button to kick off discovery again if it times out?

1 Like

That did work, the 4 reverted back to .141 where on line when I went back to it.
Reboots on the other 4 have the system back up.

Did I mention that Hubitat runs everything?
I found a fan to turn on manually!
It is an exception, the only switch I ever touch!
Lights,TV, HVAC,ummmmmmm not much here is not controlled and fully automatic!
I got a lesson in what switches should come back on in what state, after a power outage.

On top of thanks for an incredible system, a learning experience.

2 Likes

Any chance of some traction on this? I just updated my system and had no lights working as my Zigbee lights are on a dedicated hub. My Lutron -> Zigbee was working as that's not on Hub Mesh yet.

After investigating I saw that the primary hub wasn't showing any connected devices. A reboot restored functionality. I would be nice if there were some way to recover gracefully.

This has come up often enough to be on my list for 2.3.1.

2 Likes

Sounds good, thanks for the reply. It isn't a huge issue but it had me scratching my head for a bit as to why I was walking around in the dark. :slight_smile:

1 Like