I always have this kind of luck

I received a 2nd Hubs 3 days ago with full price !

For the record, I've never heard of ANY company "communicating any plans for if they for some reason go under"? As doing so would literally immediately bankrupt them from no one continuing to buy their products.

Hubitat HAS on the other hand multiple times (just in the month I've been involved) give excellent communication on any problems/issue that will be addressed in the next update (which also during that month has happened 8 times so far) and are quick to address problems/concerns you may have directly.

1 Like

No love for the UK/Europe again I see! :frowning:

1 Like

We LOVE your apps :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Heheh! Appreciate that.. more coming soon.. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HE just announced a bi-weekly podcast so unless the podcast was to announce their demise, I think they are with us for a while. Hubitat Live! April 25th 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT

1 Like

Why do you need a total of 3 hubs?

I don't "need them" as my current setup works fine and almost flawless. I "want" them because of the "HubConnect" featured app/capability, Because of how positive of an experience I have had in my first 30 days with this platform, I'm ready to massively expand my home automations. With Vera, it was so unreliable I only purchased 2 more devices over what I started with in the 8 months I used it.

Now with this featured app, I will have the ability to have one hub solely for zwave devices, one hub solely for zigbee devices (at least until I get to big for one/long time away) which frees up the 3rd hub to solely handle JUST automation's, apps, and cloud/LAN devices ONLY with the zigbee and zwave radios turned off freeing up the processing power.

So my want is to "over" build my foundation so that upon my rapid expansions I won't eventually be dealing with slow downs forcing me to add it later on and go through the PIA deleting devices/apps from one hub to move to the other.

I have 34 devices (mostly iris v1) just waiting to be added once this is up and going.

That's what got me ordering my 4th Hubitat Hub over the weekend. :smiley: With homebridge-hubitat-hubconnect as another Hub and SmartThings as yet another, I'm at 5 about to be 6.

1 Like

Holy mutha! You're deeeeeeep :astonished::astonished::astonished:

1 Like

According to the announcement, it is a time-limited sale for Easter weekend. In the US, it’s very common for all kinds of consumer products to be put on sale during major holidays. I would not read much into it.

We have a long (well, consistent) history of doing sales around different holidays.

Spring break seemed like a lot of activity around Home Automation and Easter represents the tail end of most people's break so a sale seemed appropriate.

We don't advertise sales in advance, and pricing can change at any time.

However, this is the lowest price we have ever had, so if you haven't jumped on board yet, now is a great time. Or if you want a backup hub or a test hub, or great gift idea to help another family member or friend experience real local automation. Now's a good time to buy.

3 Likes

Any comment on why the sales seem to always be US/NA only? Just curious - I'm in the US, so not impacted negatively.

1 Like

It is Easter in the UK too!

4 Likes

Makes sense and yes many companies do this....I (usually) take this into account when making purchases but failed to think about it this time.

This post wasn't in anyway a dig at Hubitat (more of a kicking myself in the a** post) as I'm completely happy with the product, that already outperforms what I paid triple for 8 months ago with Vera.

3 Likes

Yeah same. There's nothing Hubitat is supposed to do to "fix" the issue of people buying a hub right before a sale. That's just retail. It's more of a "bah.. if only I had waited!"

2 Likes

Yes, it is and you can get HE delivered to UK for Β£20 less. Just look around :smiley:

Yes, I know I can buy an EU version on ebay :slight_smile:

I don't need the USB sticks though as I have plenty of those already.
I have 4 hubs and only use 2 sticks
I'm thinking about an Alexa and HE for my 4x4 :slight_smile:

You mean like 'Alexa turn on those halogens?'

Maybe.. :joy::rofl:
I have a few ideas :slight_smile: