Husqvarna AutoMower Integration

start requires you to provide the duration for the run.

If you want to just resume your schedule, use resumeSchedule.

Hey everyone,
I have been trying to integrate my mower with HE, but upon getting the app all set up and working it cannot seem to find my mower ("No mowers found to connect").
Has anyone else had, or solved this issue? I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app but still no luck.
It doesn't seem to be a connectivity issue as I have got it working with Alexa, and the Husqvarna phone app. So I'm a bit lost.
@nh.schottfam , Do you have any insight into this?

Ensure you followed all the steps in first note of this thread to create the application in the Husqvarna cloud site. (sign in, create application, connect the application to the authentication and mower api)

Ensure you use your primary credentials.

I won't have mine back out for a couple months, so I cannot do much debugging now.

Thanks @nh.schottfam for getting back to me. Unfortunately I did follow all those steps and it's still not showing up.
No worries tho, thanks again for your help, I'll keep messing around with it and if I don't get anywhere, maybe I'll be in touch again in a few months! :slight_smile:

Could this integration be revised to exploit websockets, so that it doesn't have to poll?

I myself don't know much about websockets or coding HE to use them, so it would take me a bit to figure out. Perhaps you might know...

1 Like

@nh.schottfam I submitted a pull request on github for adding additional capability to this driver, including support for changing the schedule, the cutting height, and the headlight mode. These additional capabilities will support apps like MowBot Tamer.

EDIT: Thanks for the quick response and for accepting the pull request!

not working get this error trying to set up

ok more info.. i can get it to connect if i create an entirely new account on husq. but off course that doesnt work as there is no mower under that account so app does not find mower.. appareantly you cannot use the same account as the husq app which does have the mower or you get the error shown above.. bummer.. any ideas.

I guess in private message you should show me the application you created in the Husqvarna developer site (note 1 instructions).

My first impression is something is not right there.

i will but that is obvious wrong as it wouldnt have worked iwth the second account i setup then..

my feeling is that the redirect uri is being used for the husq app and that is why i cannot add a differnt one here. if the keys were wrong i would not get any communication

Check for typos? :wink: That looks like a server-side error, so maybe something is misspelled or has an extra space or slash on the client config.

i copied directly from them and passwords are in google. and it wouldnt have gotten that far with wrong password..

pm sent

thanks got it to work.. just generated/renewed the secret and now it works.

1 Like

thanks again. added the following rules.. which was the main reason for added all this

any reason the value is 0 that seems like a bug in rule machine

thanks for all your help added a readeable next run time, and will work on adding statistical attributes
will do pull request when done.

here is my current dashboard.

too bad we cannot do everything the app does.. the satellite image showing the mower paths in orange is really cool..if anyone is interested i'll post a pic.. the gps is not 100% accurate apparently and sometimes it shows paths out of the yard over the block wall which obviously didn't happed or through the house.. estimate it may be off by like 6-10 feet at times.. but that may be just the normal purposly gps built in error variance i read about.

its nice though to be able to get an alert if the mower gets stuck as the app doesnt do that. although mine has not yet... and also alerts when it stops and starts mowing for now so i can check on it till i sure it is all working smoothly.

Another.issue i had ia that there are basically no garages or houses available for these mowers in the usa other than the overpriced stock ones that are basically plastic roofs and no sides.

There are plenty of nice ones avail. In Europe where these mowers have been out much longer.

Guess i am an early adopter in.the us.. some in europe even have garage doors thay open.and close.

Anyway it first got a cheap â– â– â–  doghouse for.it bit it was misidentified and too small
I.then.got another kit which.is.all.i could.find but it had open sides. (Unless i wanted to.soend loke 500 bucks for an xlarge doghouse)

So anyway i combined the two kits. They are cheap quality but worked ok for around 200 bucks.

3 Likes

lastest dashboard with statistics and map with location and last errors desc.

Also, i failed to mention while doing all this coding today that the husq api is one of the best and best documented I have ever coded for.

In addition, this hardware and software is highly advanced.. Just look at the list of errors it can sense and alert you too out of the box without taking it into somewhere to have a code pulled.

2 Likes

How would you use the 'Set Schedule' function?

changes were ignored and pull request closed.. so here is my version directly

If you look, they were incorporate plus many other fixes....

I suggest you avoid forking the thread needlessly.