Humidity Sensor: USB powered & Zigbee

Does anyone have any experience with USB powered Zigbee humidity sensors?

I saw these on Amazon but they have no reviews (although the seller has poor reviews):
https://www.amazon.com/TRIPPER-Zigbee-Motion-Temperature-Humidity/dp/B0CJDW89T4

Or other alternative Zigbee Humidity sensor that is not primarily battery powered?

Considering Zigbee instead of additional Zooz ZSE-11 Zwave USB powered devices as I have come to realize Zwave is constantly improving and apparently my network runs at the speed/capability of the oldest connted 2wave device

This is the Tuya 3-in-1 sensor and it works very well for me.

1 Like

Thank you - good to know.

1. Reviewed the thread you linked - can you confirm the driver also supports humidity?
  2. Have you measured the accuracy of the humidity sensor?
  3. Does this one allow you to have usb power, but battery backup, or is it like the Zooz ZSE-11 where they advise removing the batteries if you have it plugged to USB power, and if you don't it depletes them anyway?
1 Like

Yes, this device reports humidity too, although its primary function is a motion sensor.
I can't comment on the relative humidity measurement accuracy, will have to compare it with some other sensor mounted at the same place.
I am using it with the batteries removed, but I think that when on USB power the batteries are disconnected internally, so they should be just a backup power source, not consuming energy.

1 Like

Thank you! Ordered one. Will post back to report...

Still waiting for my order to arrive, however have a question regarding the driver & batteries:
Is there any chance that this thing will report when it is on battery power vs when it is on usb power? If so, I could also use it as notification that there is a power outage, which would open all sorts of possibilities once the UPS I just ordered arrives and my HE is plugged into it!

I don't know if he's still selling them, but @iharyadi used to make and sell a temp/humidity/pressure and light sensor (among many other itterations with extended capabilities). The original ebay listing is gone, but maybe he can respond if he's still making and selling them. I have one of the orignals, but he evolved them significantly over the years. They are quite stable devices.

Just FYI, I don't have anymore sensors.

1 Like

The Tuya 3-in-1 sensor from Amazon finally arrived almost a month after ordering.
Unfortunately, it is NOT a 3-in-1. The box and the instructions refer only to motion sensing; no mention of humidity or temp. More importantly, when paired with the HE, there is no indication this device does anything except act as a motion sensor.

Per @kkossev's instructions in the other thread, I did the following:

• Downloaded @kkossev 's TUYA driver
  • Plugged device into USB
  • Reset device; unclear how to do this, but I pressed and held the pairing button
  • Paired it with HE while the device was about 2' from the HE

Looks like they sent me a variation that is just a motion sensor and not a 3 in 1. The device has no markings to indicate a model number. The SKU on the bottom of the box is I500368813, with another number C22-07-0206/ A/PL231111-J0724.
I can certainly return to Amazon, but what can I do to increase the chances that the replacement will be the correct 3 in 1 device?

1 Like

Please post this device model and manufacturer, as seen in Hubitat web page 'Device Details' section. Most probably it is a new manufacturer/model, that is not recognized automatically in the Tiya 4 In 1 driver.

You can also try forcing the '3in1' device profile from the driver Preferences section (enable the 'Advanced options' first) :

Is your device this one ?

https://amzn.to/4ahi1T0

1 Like
Controller Type ZGB
Data * endpointId: 01
  • application: 46
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_kmh5qpmb
  • model: TS0202
  • tuyaVersion: 1.0.6|

Done. No difference.
I also pressed configure, which did not help, so I also pressed Initialize and Refresh, which also did not help...

Looks the same, but this is the link to the device I ordered (which SPECIFICALLY states the device has temperature and Humidity, which it apparently does not...):

@kkossev : If you can figure out how to make this thing report on humidity, that would be AWESOME!

Unfortunately, this is a fake device that does not have a temperature and humidity sensor inside.

Return it.

OK, Thank you. Returned.

Does anyone know anything about this one - it has the USB power I need, and it's advantage is that in addition to USB, it's battery is a regular AA, which if it works as a backup when power is out would be useful and much less expensive than the 123 battery the fake device requires.

Update and hoping @kkossev can help.

Returned the fake device; Amazon told me to keep it and gave me a credit.
Bought the temp/humid sensor linked above. It got lost in the mail. Amazon gave me a credit.
Bought this one and received it today:
https://www.amazon.com/Fockety-Temperature-Humidity-Thermometer-Hygrometer/dp/B0CPHW8NHQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=VGU7DA0J3TTN&keywords=zigbee+temperature+humidity+sensor+usb&qid=1706313524&s=home-garden&sprefix=zigbee+temperature+humidity+sensor+usb%2Cgarden%2C95&sr=1-3

It pairs with Hubitat as an unknown device. I tried changing to both a Tuya 3 in 1, and a generic Zigbee Temp/Humidity sensor, but neither seem to result in exposing temperature or humidity data from the device. The device info in the data field is as follows:

* endpointId: **01**
  * application: **41**
  * inClusters: **0001,0003,0402,0405,0000**
  * manufacturer: **_TZ3000_utwgoauk**
  * model: **TS0201**
  * outClusters: **0003,0019,000A**
  * softwareBuild:
  * tuyaVersion: **1.0.1**

Which driver should I be using to make this device work?

ETA: From the info I found at:[RELEASE] Tuya Temperature Humidity Illuminance LCD Display with a Clock (w/ healthStatus) - #460 by user611

I removed the device, installed the linked driver, took the battery out of the device (and unplugged it), waited a few minutes, reset the device, and then repaired it near the hub. It selected this driver automatically but still not temp or humidity. I selected TS0201, and saved and initialized, but still no temp/humidity data, even after 15 min. I just get this:

ETA 2: Similarly to the poster in the other thread, mine miraculously suddenly started to report temp & Humidity. So I'm connected and ready to start using it!

1 Like

This is a new manufacturer device, now added to the Tuya diver version 1.5.0 2024/01/27 10:21 AM.

If you update to the latest driver and click on the Initialize button, the device should be recognized automatically as TS0201.

Thank you!
Since this driver is not showing as an update in HPM, to install this, I followed the instructions here:
https://docs2.hubitat.com/en/user-interface/developer/drivers-code

Now, on the Device page, in the Device Info/Type, I see two of the same driver. I was able to figure out which one is the newer one by seeing the driver version in the "State Variables" section!! So I have it installed!
Oddly, HE won't let me delete the old one because it says it is in use. I guess I should have just overwritten the original one. Solved that by temporarily moving the device to a generic Zigbee Driver, deleting the old duplicate driver, then moving the device back to the new Zigbee Tuya driver Kkossev linked.

@kkossev : One question: This sensor has both a USB connection and a AA battery. Is there any way to track if the device is being powered by battery or USB?
The reason for this would be that if the device loses USB power and switches to battery, it would mean the power is out, and I could then use this info to tell my Hubitat (on UPS power) to shut down after >1 hour on UPS.
THANKS!