Humidity sensor - tile change color

Happy new year to all :slight_smile:

I am pretty new to HE and have a simple question!

I have a Aqara temperature/humidity sensor and have included two tiles (temperature and humidity) on a dashboard - that’s all fine.

BUT I would like to have a tile which changes color as soon as humidity is over 50% (then I will know to open the windows and let the fresh air in). How is that possible?

Regards Jan

That is not currently possible with dashboards in Hubitat. Any of the sensor tiles that has a scale, like temp or humidity, only has a default color. The only way to implement something like this would also to have custom ranges so that people could select the color and the range at the same time and it's not quite that sophisticated yet.

1 Like

Thank you Ryan for your prompt answer - even though that wasn't the answer I was hoping for :cry:

I guess I will try to enroll in some other kind of rule with notifications to mobile phone / ipad...

/jan

Just thinking a little outside the box here, but why couldn't you set up a rule to trigger a virtual switch when the humidity went above 50% and turn off the switch when the humidity fell below 50%? Switches do change colors when active. You could even go a step further and announce the change, or even activate fans or other devices based upon this one rule.

3 Likes

That is a good idea. I have often wished this could be done for wind speed also for users that have weather stations.

1 Like

Hi Neonturbo

I’ll see if I can manage to do that ... thx.