Humidity Sensor and bathroom

Hi All,

Iā€™ve been reading the forums and I just wanted to ask whatā€™s my best way of creating a rule for a humidity sensor trigger.

Example:

When Humidity at or greater 75
Turn Fan on
If (Fan On)
Turn Fan Off

Itā€™s working fine however Iā€™m thinking it triggering on every change (currently the sensor reports every 120 seconds.

Can anyone suggest a better way or is this really the best way to tackle this type of scenario ?

Thanks

Use one of the bath fan apps. The apps watch rate of humidity rise rather than just simple humidity percentages. It really helps to do it this way, much less false triggering turning on, and it will wait until the humidity drops to start the off timer which ensures humidity has gone away.

I use and like this one, but there are others too.

2 Likes

It is easily installed through Hubitat package manager.

2 Likes

I save the humidity level into a boolean variable.
If humidity above 75 set variable to true.
Else set to false.
I then use the variable state to turn fan on and off.

smart humidity fan works flawlessly

1 Like

been plenty happy w SHF so far, but purely out of curiosity, can you help me find others?

Sorry, going to a web meeting, can't dig too much now.

I think Cobra apps had one, and I believe there was at least another. Try just using the term Humidity Fan in the search box above and see what pops up.

1 Like

anyone who uses aeotec multisensor 6, have any experiece with the sensor in high humidity ? My worry is that it may fail within a few months if humidity is often high. Thinking about mounting it to the ceiling.