Humidity Offset for Humidity Sensors

It looks like some/many of the temperature sensor drivers have an "offset" or correction factor that can be input to correct for a consistent (linear) temperature error. I have not seen any of my humidity sensors having a similar capability for humidity readings. If it's feasible, I would like that. I am using a comparison of humidity readings in two locations to automate fans (bathroom exhaust fans).

Thanks!

Nyce:

SmartThings:

1 Like

Some of my humidity sensors have humidity offset. Its not difficult to do in the driver.

However if you don't have access to the driver you might be able to configure a RM rule to offset a specific sensor before comparison. Definitely clunky but doable.

For those two sensors it is not available in the built-in driver so I have to do it in the rules. It's so obviously clunky when those drivers have the offset for temperature . . .

I'd love to see this as well. Looking to put a sensor in my humidor, which needs to be a 70% but many of these cheaper sensors come with a RH offset from actual right out of the box (new shows 63% instead of 70%)

Being able to calibrate the sensor and put the number in the driver would be stellar.

The Zooz ZSE44 enables both temp and humidity offsets to be adjusted via parameter tweaks.

The Sonoff Zigbee drivers in the latest Hubitat versions only have the same as the screen shots above - no Humidity tweak. :frowning:

Aeotec multisensor 6 and 7 offer humidity off set as well as many other settings