Humidity Devices

Ah, the no-neutral problem. I didn't realize you were up against that too.

1 Like

How do you like the Iris V3? Trying to increase my reporting. Have nyce and zooz 4in1 I'm there now.

It's working fine, usually reporting humidity changes within a 5 minute window. Works much better than my Zooz 4-1 which only seemed to report humidity if no motion was present.

I have lutron caseta switches in my bathroom. I have the Aeotec multisensor 6 that does motion and humidity in this space. My bathroom isn't overly large, and I use an iris motion sensor up in the corner above the door to detect motion coming into the bathroom to turn on the lights over the vanity. I positioned the multisensor in the ceiling with the ceiling mount between inside and outside the shower. I only use motion sensing on this device when someone is inside the shower with the curtain closed. It keeps the lights on while someone is inside the shower so the lights down turn off from no motion detected from the iris sensor. In any event, the humidity increase will turn the fan on every time after the shower starts and will automatically turn the fan off once humidity reaches the same threshold it was before it turned it on. Using cSteeles driver and power it via POE that I ran through the attic on cat5e cable so it has fast reporting and I don't have to replace batteries. Best solution for me.

Have been thinking of late that I may replace the Xiaomi humidity sensor in my bathroom that I have to re-pair every two weeks or so, with another Ecowitt sensor that connects to my Ambient Weather station. The driver that I’m using, created by @snell, works perfectly. Because it’s a proprietary frequency, connected end to end, these sensors never drop, their range is good, and I’m already using one as the comparison humidity to the Xiaomi, so I know their values are easily read into HE. My weather station software supports more than one humidity sensor, and so does @snell β€˜s driver. For $12 my problem can be solved once and for all, plus I’ll have a little display on it that tells me what the current relative humidity is in the bathroom.