Humidity Control Question

Hello All,

Is it possible under rule machine (which I haven't used too much) to have a bathroom Sonoff Humidity Sensor trigger a bathroom fan when the moisture is higher than the sensor in the bedroom? My kids either never turn on the fan or leave it on the longest setting. I'm hopeful its automatable.

There is actually an app that might work for you:

1 Like

I have setup exactly what you describe you want to do for your bathrooms and for the same reason. If you prefer to have a rule in RM than an app, her is what I use. Note that I have used 1 rule to control two separate bathroom fans, so it is more complex than it should... If I had to do this again, I would use two rules:

I also have a rule that turns on the “Turbo” feature of our air exchanger. That one turns on first and at a lower temperature differential.

I have it setup so that it will turn on at a different humidity level depending on the current level, so if the house is dry, it will let it go a bit higher and add some humidity to the house via the normal air exchange process. Our Air exchanger circulates the air in the house most of the time, and the rest of the time, it gets fresh air from outside and brings it inside. This helps minimize energy loss by sending the conditioned air outside...

I do it something like this:

(title is a clickable link)